Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG AX565 Question for the Tech Savy Only

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by Tipup, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Tipup

Tipup New Member

I can't hear people very well when I am off of alltel's network. Here is a timeframe of my events.... sorry so long winded.

- My phone is the LG AX565. I Live in an Alltel rural coverage area but work in Minneapolis(out of Alltel's home coverage area).

- Since Feb 5, I can't hear people when I am roaming off of Alltel's network in and around Minneapolis. Their voice pulsates, in and out. They can hear me fine, but I have a difficult piecing together their words.

- Feb 7 I called customer service , and then Tech support on Feb 14 and then many times after that. The first ticket number they said there are no problems with the network-ticket closed 30 days later.

- On Feb 18th, I noticed that by going into the system program settings and forcing the phone to stay onto the 1900 band, everything works fine. I get by, by switching the phone back and forth between the two bands. 800 on the alltel network at home, works fine. 1900 on the someone elses network in Minneapolis, works fine. 800 band in Minneapolis area (Verizon) is where the voice problems persist!

- March 7 - I called and complained to Tech Support . Second trouble ticket issued.

- April 3rd Alltel sends me a replacement phone that is the same make/model as mine. Problem still in that phone...same issue except that phone doesn't allow me to switch to 1900, it says no service.:mad:

- Yesterday, I talked to Tech support and they think it may be my number.... I think that he is :loony: . I get a new tech ticket, ticket #3......

- Today, I activate my 7 year old LG VX4400 to see if it is a problem with the LG AX565. I switch between the 800 and 1900 bands at home and also, now here in Minneapolis. WORKS!

- Question/Conclusion..... Something happened on February 5th in the Minneapolis area, my first call to tech support confirmed they were switching roaming stuff over on phones during that week. Any ideas why the LG AX565 is behaving like this? :confused: It seams like the LG AX565 is having troubles on Verizon's 800 band! ????

2. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Get a different phone? Maybe do two more XBMs and then they will offer you a different phone.

3. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

This is a "urban myth" as there is no so called "lemon policy" at Alltel. Can a different phone be offered? Maybe, but it is solely at the discretion of a Store Manager. Don't count on it.

4. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

No when we worked at the Alltel independent store that is what I was told.

5. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

I know. However, that is not and never has been Alltel policy. While with Alltel we received numerous training programs regarding this.

6. Tipup

Tipup New Member

Alltel is sending me another LG LX565 to try. This will be the 2nd phone they send me. Until I get it (tomorrow?) I'm still using my flawless old LG 4400.

7. Tipup

Tipup New Member

I should be receiving the 3rd replacement phone from Alltel today or tomorrow. All of them have had the same exact problem.

I haven't re-read my 2 year contract that ends Aug 2010 with them but do I now have an excuse for them to let go of the contract? I have been dealing with this for 3 months, this cannot keep going on.

8. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

No. Your Service Agreements are still valid. Keep bugging them for replacement phones; sooner or later you'll get a gem. Oh, and before anybody mentions this, there is NO LEMON POLICY.

9. Tipup

Tipup New Member

Alltel sent the Hue II as the 3rd replacement on May 13th. It worked great until today where it stopped working! Apparently Alltel did a PRL update but the software on the Hue II needs updating now and they have to send me a new one since it cannot be done over the air! I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN ALLTEL!!!!!! Phone replacement #4 will need to be sent to me now. They had to reactive my 7 year old Midwest Wireless phone again! It is a very good thing I kept that old phone!!!!!!!!! I so want them to drop my contract. I have a complete phone log of my 345 minutes of tech support and the May 4th FCC complaint. I need some SATISFACTION!!!!!

#9 Tipup, May 22, 2009
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
  10. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Wow that sucks. Maybe you can force the phones to roaming?