Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Lg 5200

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by fjames, Apr 22, 2008.

1. fjames

fjames New Member

I have an LG5200 phone and want to download ringtones like everyone else. When I go to the website to send to my phone it says my phone dosen't support due to some silly security feature. All my friends have lg phones and they can do why can't I ?

#1 fjames, Apr 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2008
  2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    What is your carrier, do you have the same carrier as your friends, and are you trying to download from the same place?

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fjames

fjames New Member

Verizon
    My friends go to a website called Myxertones and send ring tones to their phones. They have different LG phone than I have and they can receive but my LG5200 will not receive them.

4. leafsfan81

leafsfan81 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I have a solution for you

I used to have a VX5200. You don't need to send your phones through an online service, although you will find that they work about 50% of the time.

Here is my advice:

Go on eBay and find a data cable. They are relatively cheap and serve a dual purpose: sending ringers as well as charging your device.

The application you will need to download, at no charge, is BitPim. Drivers are required for the VX5200, but are easily found online. I believe that the Yahoo! Group for the VX5200 is still active, and they have drivers set up on their group. All you need to do is join the Yahoo! Group and once confirmed as a member download the drivers.

BitPim has fairly decent ringtone conversion built into the program, although I prefer using Audacity to fine tune my files before I transmit them. By default, BitPim will open up an editor when you drag and drop files into the various directories. To bypass this, I believe all you need to do is hold down the shift key. [This will allow you to use external editors to edit your files first and simply drag & drop them to the appropriate directories]

BitPim will also allow you to edit the calendar and contacts on the 5200. I found it to be an indispensable tool while I owned and operated the phone. If you have any questions, post them in the thread as I have PM disabled. I'll be more than happy to help.