Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG 510

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by TeSan, Oct 12, 2002.

1. TeSan

TeSan New Member

i was wondering if anybody could tell me a bit about this phone. i read some of the other threads...and i saw somehwere that this phone doesnt have an answering machine that u can set up? so is that basicly saying that the phone must be off for it to pic up or there has to be a certain amount of rings. B/c the phone i have now, afer a certain amount of rings, it will automaticlly answer even if on. thanks for the help

2. justice

justice New Member

I do not know from experience, but my good friend has it though Verizon, and I know he has voice mail. I don't see why it would matter if the phone is on or off.

3. TeSan

TeSan New Member

thanx much

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Voicemail works the same as any other phone. I think the 'feature in question' is one touch access to your voicemail. With a Sprint PCS phone I had I only needed to hold one button to listen to my voicemail. With the LG (and Verizon) I have to enter my voicemail (either *86, my cell number, or through menu options) then put in my password. Several steps compared to one step. But Sprint is the worst wilreless communications provider, so I'll use a few extra steps, to stay with Verizon.

5. TeSan

TeSan New Member

excellent

6. wiredog

wiredog New Member

The voice mail is thru your wireless provider, and access will depend on their service. The phone has a built in answering machine, but it uses the same memory for voice mail as for voice messages and voice dialing. It is limited to about 4 minutes I believe so a voice mail service from your wireless service is a better bet.

7. wiredog

wiredog New Member

Actually, you can program a dialing memory location in your phone book for your voice mail. You can also program in your password for voice mail and voice link it. I did this for mine and now I just pusht the clr button, say "voicemail" and it goes straight to my answering service. I also made the number secret so no one can see my password without unlocking first.