Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG 510 battery

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Jimmy821, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Jimmy821

Jimmy821 Member

Hi all,

Have a question regarding the battery life on an 510 phone. Both my girlfriend and I have the same phone, but she gets maybe half of the battery duration that I do. She keeps the phone on all the time and lives and works in an area that has a very strong signal. She has had the battery replaced before; however, the problem never went away.

She thinks it might be the phone and wants the phone replaced. I'm out of ideas. Has anybody run into this before, and what did you do about it?

Thank you,
    James

2. Guest

Guest Guest

short battery life... Is it possible your friend lives or works in a analog only area. This could account for short battery life.

3. CoreyTheGent

CoreyTheGent Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Silver V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The battery of the LG-TM510 is a tricky one.

I believe that the more you recharge the phone, the worse the battery life gets. This phone never had good battery life in the beginning, and as I had it over time and recharged it more and more, the battery life shortened to about one day for standby time. I use office phones most of the day and my cell is mostly on standby beside me except at night, so I can tolerate the short battery time (for now, until I get it replaced with a better phone).

Your girlfriend probably uses it more than you or I. I'd bet she uses/has it on all day and recharges it all night. I've heard something about "if you let the battery drain out completely and THEN recharge it, the battery lasts longer" but most people never get around to that and figure "I'm sleeping, I can just recharge it now," much like myself, before the battery is completely out.

You can try that theory of recharging the battery only when it's drained out and that's AFTER you buy new batteries. Try the extended batteries, buying two, and keeping one charging while the other is in use, then switch. I think it's the LG-TM510 itself that has weak battery life. Ask around, and if nothing works or you've already tried everything, she'll need to get a new phone sometime in the future or simply put up with the shortened battery life. Don't just take my opinion, though. Remember to ask around.

4. Jimmy821

Jimmy821 Member

Thanks for both of your replies. We actually traded phones for a week to get an idea of how long the battery lasts. She does indeed leave it on all day, whereas I turn mine off when I get to work (people can reach me at work, why waste my minutes?). Anyway, her phone gets about a day less battery life than mine. No biggie, she can deal with it.

Again, thank you.

James