Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG 510 and Handsfree Headsets

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Word has it from reps at LG that the if you use aftermarket headsets for the LG 510 it causes irreperable damaged to the earpiece on the phone. I work for a service provider and this is information that has been passed along internaly to Customer Service Reps.

2. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

That doesn't surprise me that LG would make that statement but I would doubt it's true. One of the biggest sources of incomes for manufacturers is the accessories for the handsets, happens to be the biggest margins too. Motorola still says they void warranty if you use aftermarket car cords with your phone but thousands are sold everyday across the country. The bottom line is the manufacturers want you, the cust service rep, to tell the customer to get the OEM product so they can make more money. Now in some cases the aftermarket product is inferior and therefore the higher cost of the OEM product is justified. In other times the aftermarket product actually might cause problems and that too justifies using OEM products. But most times neither is true and you can save yourself a lot of money and get the same quality. Your warranty might even be better on the aftermarket accessory since most offer lifetime warranties.

For the record I only use OEM accessories but that's not because I don't believe in aftermarket but merely because I can get them either free or at a reduced cost. So if cost isn't an issue I opt for OEM.

Tom