Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG 1010

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by jae91304, Sep 21, 2002.

1. jae91304

jae91304 New Member

hi,

i just bought the lg 1010 last week. the reception is poor. has anyonelse used this phone and have the same problem? my servicer is sprint. i am wondering if it is the phone or the serivcer. i mainly use the phone in canoga park, ca.

thanks

2. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I've never heard anyone say much of anything good about the 1010... If you don't wanna spend much on a phone but still want decent reception, you might as well go with the Kyocera 2255 instead of one of the cheap LG's. LG's are notorious for poor RF performance on Sprint's network. The 5250 was atrocious in some areas, even. I've heard the 5350 is quite a bit better in this respect, though. Generally speaking, however, the Sanyos get the best reception of the bunch, but thier analog performance supposedly leaves a little bit to be desired. At this point, you may be able to pick up a 4700 pretty cheap since the 4900 has been released. It's a candybar style phone, though, so I'm not sure if you absolutely have to have a flip.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    The new Sanyo 4900 from what I hear performs well in both Digital and analog mode.

4. lexikon

lexikon New Member

I'm getting great reception with my 1010 - the best I've gotten on any Sprint phone I've owned (and there have been a few), and the best voice quality to boot. I wasn't expecting much, I bought it as a quick replacement after I ran over my previous one (don't ask). Just wish I could make the alarm ring...

5. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I have only sold one, and I tried for 30 minutes to talk the customer out of it....After the phone was delivered she called me the same night and said she was not happy, she changed her phone in less than 4 days. Nice Size, Nice Price....terrible RF.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

hey do u know how to download ringtones for the LG 1010