Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

latest wap settings? recap

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Tony E!, May 1, 2004.

1. siemon321

siemon321 New Member

Clearing the cache didn't work - ended up with the same error message ("Feature Not Available"). Any other ideas, or am I out of luck?

2. siemon321

siemon321 New Member

OK, I just cleared the cache, reset the Link 1 IP 1 address to 012.025.203.011 and reset Link 1 Port 1 to 9201. Then I changed back to Proxy 1 and edited the homepage to http://tagtag.com/flexia. When I hit "OK", the browser crunched for a little while and then came back with the following error message:

"Not Found
    The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it."

Any idea what this means? Thanks for all your help!

3. yeah me 2 the WAP anit working ne more. It keeps brging to some werid site, and something the homepage dont work any more. I reset the broswer and didnt help, any ideas wats going on wit the vx-6000 :confused:

4. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Got your PM..
    You got PM...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. I tried setting my Wap to get free internet on my LG VX6000. When You go Menu => 0 => 0000=>9 (wap settings) => Here's where I pushed 6 to reset browser on accident. Phone restarted and the i.p. adress was all zeros. I tried resetting the numbers manually but to no luck. Now when I go to access the internet on my phone it immidiately goes to "Internet service is not enabled" screen. Any suggestions would help. I also updated my software since it happened and I still have the same problem

This is wat i did and i cant get it 2 work... :censored: DAMN IT I WANT MY FREE WAP :censored:

Please Some On Tell Me Wat 2 do :mad:

Nothing is working i homepage dont work, it dont load up any more, i want it plz :'(

6. Quote:
    Originally Posted by zell8902
    hey can u please help me wit my wap problem..

I tried setting my Wap to get free internet on my LG VX6000. When You go Menu => 0 => 0000=>9 (wap settings) => Here's where I pushed 6 to reset browser on accident. Phone restarted and the i.p. adress was all zeros. I tried resetting the numbers manually but to no luck. Now when I go to access the internet on my phone it immidiately goes to "Internet service is not enabled" screen. Any suggestions would help. I also updated my software since it happened and I still have the same problem

Nothing is working i homepage dont work, it dont load up any more, i want it plz :'(

OK lets try this, first lets get your phone back to factory status:

go to the service menu like you did before:
    menu 0 > 000000 > wap settings:

now go into "IP SETTINGS"
    now type this IP in IP 1 > 199.074.153.210

now go back and go into your "PORT SETTINGS"
    now type this port number on port 1 > 9203

start your browser press and hole "0" zero
    go to "advanced settings" > changed homepage"
    and type in your default homepage >http://openwave

and then u just put the ip in ip 2 link 1 and the port in port 2 link 1 and set the homepage to what works for u.

ALL THANKS TO TONY E( we love u :D )

::cool::

7. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

HM? That looks just like the instructions i sent you via private message...lol
    glad it worked for you......... ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. siemon321

siemon321 New Member

Tony E,

In zell8902's instructions, did he mean to say "link 2 ip1 and link 2 port 1" or is it really link 1 ip2 and link 1 port 2? I'm trying both ways but still having problems getting anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

9. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

If you don't want to change your default settings is always good to use "link 2 ip 1 link 2 port 1...

10. siemon321

siemon321 New Member

OK, I reset link 1 ip1 and link 1 port 1 to the default settings, and changed link 2 ip 1 and link 2 port 1 to one of the recommended ip addresses (067.081.010.155 and 9201). Then I changed to WAP Proxy 2 and changed the homepage to http://tagtag.com/flexia. When I hit OK, the browser cranks for a while (it says "Sending)))))))))))..."), then finally times out and says "Server not responding". When I go back to Advanced Settings and check the homepage again, it is back to the Openwave.com homepage.

Any advice for how to fix this? Is the problem with the homepage, or with the IP address, or with my phone?

Thanks! :D

11. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    it could be a combination of both but most likely the IP.

12. VaderGuy

VaderGuy New Member

My Phone:
    LG 6100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I am still unable to get the free wap to work on the VX6100. I can't figure out how the instructions here line up with the 6100's menus, and the port always resets to 8080 no matter what I enter.

The good thing is that it has a reset browser selection, so it reverts back easily enough after all my futzing.

If anyone has been able to set this up on a 6100, please let me know how it was done. Thanks!

13. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Keep in mind that the wap settings for the 6000 are different than the ones for the 6100....

14. climber

climber New Member

A search on 6100 and WAP reveals only this thread.

Other sites (howardforums) suggest that the 6100 must use port 8080 which leaves these users with minimal options.

I have seen some people setting up their own hosting service if they have a 24/7 connection.

Do you have any other information or ideas for 6100 users that don't want to go that route?

15. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Hey Climber so far that's all i have also, if i find out otherwise i will keep you posted, you do the same......

16. ike301

ike301 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Treo 650
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless /Sprint
    Tony, forgive my ignorance. But have you or anyone been able to access the openwave/cool sites/sports/espn? (using 12.25.203.11)

I used to be able to access it with no problem. Now I get a:

"Not Found.... requested object does not exist...outdated...or the server has been instructed not to let you have it."

Thoughts suggestions? Alternate IP/port addys?

Thanks, bro.
    Ike

17. jjfdvm72

jjfdvm72 New Member

I accidentally reset my wap settings too. Now when I put in the IP and Port #'s as mentioned before (199.074.153.210 port: 9203) and the homepage http://www.openwave.com, I get the following error:

"Security is not enabled. Enabling security can take several minutes. Proceed?"

I press YES and then I get: "Security error: key not recognized"???

Any suggestions?

18. MMBB0132301

MMBB0132301 New Member

i have the VX7000 Black; are the instructions the same as the 6000/6100 for free wap settings. if so, or not, could you be more specific; step-by-step for getting free wap for the VX7000 Black, thnx

19. Stupiud

Stupiud Yea, I can hear you now!

My Phone:
    D2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    yea, dont activate security!

and make sure you are using the right proxy... start your browswer, press zero and hold... in the menu go to advanced and then to proxy... make sure u select the right one taht u changed the IPs and Ports too.... (IE: if you changed IP and Port 'One' you have to use proxy one.)

20. Greenie17

Greenie17 New Member

So I have a KX2 Kyocera on a Verizon network... and I am a bit confused on what I put where for the wap settings...

Pressing 0 from the web browser does nothing, so I loaded the Kyocera wireless software to go into specific settings on the phone. Here is what I have on the Browser tab.

Web link DNS 1
    Web link DNS 2
    Web link DNS 3
    Web Link A Main IP
    Web Link A Main Port
    Web Link A Backup IP
    Web Link A Backup Port
    Link A Access Keys
    Web Link B Main IP
    Web Link B Main Port
    Web Link B Backup IP
    Web Link B Backup Port
    Link B Access Keys
    Server A Primary URL
    Server B Primary URL
    Server A Secondary URL
    Server B Secondary URL

So now what ip get's put where? I am so confused. If I try to connect, I was getting no web browser enabled and dial *611. Then I made some changes and now I am just getting a timeout. Never conected yet. Can anyone help?

21. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The reason why 0 doesn't work for you is because those settings are for LG phones only, you may want to try the Kyocera forum for wap settings there..or you can get an LG phone and join us here in the LG forum.. ;)
    good luck and welcome aboard... :)

22. rangerdave

rangerdave New Member

grrr!!
    lgvx6100 has some tough and limited settings and some that just reset even when changed! durff its a tough one.

anyone remember what the default wap setting home page is?? :rolleyes:

RD

23. FullBoat333

FullBoat333 New Member

I have tried all these various port and IP combinations with no results. I am using a VX7000 phone and have noticed that different phones menus are being described, can someone lay down exactly what I need to do to get this free WAP thing, i only get error timed out and 403 errors. Do i need to download something to the phone? Do my LXL ports needs to be cranking? Does some setting need to be activated? I do the 0 then 000000 thing, check out WAP settings, then Proxy Adress Setting, then primary IP, all that good stuff, i've tried all these numbers. What the comprehensive non-fail step by baby step, starting from scratch method, up-to-date method to use free WAP with the LG VX7000 phone? Thanks you guys, even if it seems repetitive.

24. wgray8231

wgray8231 I don't work here.

My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Sounds like you've got your gateway ip address and port set. Did you put those as #2 or #1. If you replaced #1 it should be working. If you put them in #2, you should start the browser and hold 0 to get to some other options. You'll also need to select the correct settings (1 or 2) there. Hope that helps.

25. FullBoat333

FullBoat333 New Member

I dont know what you mean by gateway, but i did enter infor for both IP Primary and secondary as well as the two ports. Holding 0 brings me to some Alert inbox that doesnt seem to do anything. I'm still stuck.

26. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

edit your homepage to one of the one's listed in this thread i.e. http://tagtag.com/flexia or one that works..
    when you press 0 go to "security settings" then to "homepage"

27. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    while chaging your "homepage" make sure you also change your proxy settings to match your IP/PORT settings, i.e. "Proxy 1" or "Proxy2".

28. FullBoat333

FullBoat333 New Member

pressing 0 only bring me to some alert inbox, i have no "security settings" menu

29. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

you have to press 0 for about 4 seconds while in your browser..... :rolleyes:

30. sniperdoc

sniperdoc New Member

Ok i have an lg7000 and i have tried all of the ip and ports you have listed here and i get an error 403 access is denied. i used to be able to get online but now i cant. i have my own tagtag.com/narcan site i was using but now its i cant get to it cause i cant get online. help please.

error 403 access denied