Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Latest Firmware for Sony Ericsson phones

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by rickpaul, May 13, 2004.

1. rickpaul

rickpaul Junior Member

Click here for an updated list

You may get your firmware upgraded at any Sony Ericsson Service Point.

Latest Firmware (03/08/2004):

R520m R4A008

P800 R2D02
    - Phone: R2D US
    - Phone: R2F Elsewhere
    - Organizer: R2D02
    - Bluetooth: R5A
    - CDA: R5A

P900 http://www.sonyericsson.com/updateservice/P900/

T29s R3A010
    T39m R4B003
    T68m R8A015
    T68i R8A015
    T100 R9D
    T200 R7A006
    T226 R3A06
    T230 R4A011
    T300 R1G001 - Uncustomized
    T300 R2D001 - T-Mobile
    T306 R1B005
    T310 R3B003
    T316 R1B005
    T600 sw47
    T610 R4C003 / (R6C005 in most areas)
    T610 R4D001 - Vodafone
    T616 R1B027
    T616 R1B027 Uncustomized
    T630 R4C003 / (R6C005 in most areas)
    Z200 R4E
    Z600 R5B001 / (R6C005 in most areas)

How to find the firmware revision on your Sony Ericsson phone:

Most Sony Ericsson phones have a special combination of button pushes to get to the service menu screen. You will need to press
    "Right * Left Left * Left *" to get into the service menu. Next click on
    service info and then Software information.

Right and Left are accomplished different ways depending on your phone. If your phone has arrow buttons, then the left arrow and right arrow buttons are what you will need to press. If your phone has a joystick, then you will need to toggle it right and left. If your phone has a jogdial, then right is clockwise, and left is counterclockwise.

From the service menu, you can also check your lock status by selecting the simlock option. There will be numbers and padlocks on this screen. The number represents the amount of tries you are allowed to unlock your phone. The padlocks will let you know if that service is locked or not. If the padlock is open, then that service is unlocked. If the padlock is closed, then the service is locked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. warriorfootball9

warriorfootball9 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung X427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless
    ware would I go to update the firmware?

3. rickpaul

rickpaul Junior Member

You may have your phone upgraded at any Sony Ericsson Service Point or Service Center. Sony Ericsson does not disclose the whereabouts of its official Service Points. You may get ahold of their Service Center at 1(800)ERICSSON.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    You can also do it on your own :)

5. Gideon H

Gideon H Quase Três Anos Com WA!

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    How would I do it on my own? I tried calling them and they guy just *****ed at me and asked if I knew what firmware I had and if I even knew the new one and wouldn't do it and then told me that it would cost me $50 if I eventually wanted to.

6. rickpaul

rickpaul Junior Member

It is very dangerous to upgrade your T68 on your own with hack tools. Many people have ended up with no bluetooth discoverability after doing a self upgrade. Other people have ended up with a standby time that is about 80% less than before the upgrade.

You should send or take your phone to an authorized firmware location such as a Service Point.

Sorry to hear that the 1800Ericsson number was not polite.

7. William_K_F

William_K_F New Member

Latest Firmware for Sony Ericsson T610 phones

Above it states:

T610 R4C003 / (R6C005 in most areas)
    T610 R4D001 - Vodafone

But when I look at the phone, I see tons of version
    numbers. The list starts with:

R1S001 prgCXC 12-5600_US_3
    R1S001 prgCXC 12-5586_TAE_US_3

After that there are versions for LCD, camera, etc.

I assume the first ones are the right ones to compare.

Does that mean my phone needs an update?

Thanks.

-William

8. MGS_SNIPERWOLF

MGS_SNIPERWOLF New Member

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson T226
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, Nextel
    See you must have said something wrong i called them and they were very nice and said it would only cost shipping there (UPS, Fed EX, USPS)

9. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    I was very nice about it actually. Here's how I remember the call:

"Hello I am blah and my ID is blah how can I help you?"
    "I would like to get the firmware on my T68i updated?"
    "I'm sorry?"
    "The firmware on my T68i, there is new firmware released and I would like to know if I can get my phone updated."
    "How do you know that there is new firmware?"
    "I recieved information about the new firmware."
    "I don't know where you got that information, but a lot of websites lie about that stuff."
    "No this was a pretty good source. I have the firmware version with me, can I read it to you?"
    "Please read me your c u r r e n t firmware version first please."
    "-I stated the version-"
    "I'm sorry but this i s the latest version."
    "No I believe it is the first version released in 2002."
    "Sir it is not outdated. But when it is, you can send it in and for $50 we'll update it for you."

Then I hung up. And I know the firmware is not latest because it doesn't match the one posted here. Someone told me it was the first firmware version for this phone. So I didn't say anything wrong in the beginning, but they did give me a little attitude. Maybe I'll call them Tuesday and try again.

10. MGS_SNIPERWOLF

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson T226
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, Nextel
    Mabe you just got the wrong person the way i asked is: what is the most recent firmware.

I've always stayed away from telling them anything i ask them even if i know

11. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    Well like I said... I'll call them on Monday and see how it goes. Maybe I'll ask more questions this time ;) lol.

12. MGS_SNIPERWOLF

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson T226
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, Nextel
    Good luck there bud

13. stogs2001

stogs2001 New Member

Thank you for your clear and very informative instructions. I have SE T616 from AT&T and I want to use it in Europe (Switzerland and Italy with local SIM cards). I did what you recommended, I got the service menu and then the screen with a number of locks. The first lock that says 'network' is locked, all others, including service provider lock, are unlocked. Now my question is will this phone work in Europe with their SIM cards?
    Again, thank you very much for so clearly and coherently explaining technical staff for stupid people who are far from technology like me.

14. dwdw

dwdw New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T mow Cingular
    I also would like the answer to this. Does the "network" locked only mean the 900 band, since I also have 1800 and 1900? The provider is not locked. Does that mean I can use another provider on the same band?

15. MGS_SNIPERWOLF

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson T226
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, Nextel
    so did it work?

16. mingkee

mingkee Junior Member

My Phone:
    SE K790
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Beyond GSM
  17. cheviot

cheviot New Member

My Phone:
    SE K790a Stock
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Orange, Sprint
    Couple of ??s:

1) The stock K790a I'm using is running R1EG001 CID49. It was purchased directly from SE unlocked and unbranded. What would be the advantage to updating to R1KC001 CID52?

2) Why when I attempt to do an OTA update does the screen come back saying, "Your phone already has the latest firmware."?

18. mmmmna

mmmmna Junior Member

My Phone:
    Droid X2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I can confirm that Sony support staff are QUITE snooty about their device firmware.

My history goes like this:
    I have a Sony CDRW drive installed in an older PC, and I have had many other brands of CDRWs. I've learned that other brands sometimes release new firmware for their own CDRW drives, to add new features, fix minor issues, and so forth.
    When I ran into issues with my Sony CDRW, I thought they might be firmware issues (ultimately learned it was my burning software), so I emailed their CDRW support group, as the Sony website seemed to offer nothing by way of firmware. Firmware for a CDRW is changed pretty much the same as for cellphones: download and install files, get things connected, run a program, reboot the system hosting that CDRW, the firmware is updated.

Sadly, Sonys CDRW support team pretty much denied the existence of firmware upgrade tools and the like. They said if I had registered the drive properly AS WAS REQUIRED, I would get notified of any issues with my CDRW and what to do about the changes

I can appreciate there is a method to their madness, having spent hours repairing customer returns for power electronics - the right tools in the wrong hands can lead to added support costs. I can also appreciate the CDRW update features that other drive makers allow to exist. Each method has benefits. I prefer having user flexibility, but I understand that I have the talent to not fry my CDRW or my Sony/Ericsson cellphone. Some folks get too lost, too quickly.

In any event, it looks rather easy to get started: Update service - Sony Ericsson, but all the links on the download page fail for me.

Quality page, that.