Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Kyocera 7135

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by mharr0, Nov 17, 2005.

1. mharr0

mharr0 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Bluegrass Cellular
    Does anyone know if I buy this model off of ebay unlocked, if it will work with Bluegrass Cellular?

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes, if it is unlocked or you receive the SPC (service programming code) you will be able to use it on Bluegrass Cellular's network. The Kyocera 7135 is CDMA as is Bluegrass' network. You may want to check with Bluegrass first, however, to make sure that they will allow you to activate a phone that isn't from them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ronjulian

ronjulian New Member

So does anybody have the SPC for a Verizon 7135????

4. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    SPCs are specific to the handset and you can only get them directly from the carrier. Kyocera either does not have, or is prevented by an agreement with the carrier, from giving out the SPC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ronjulian

ronjulian New Member

Well thanks to a former employee of Verizon I have the codes. Hey, when you pay 500 bucks for a phone you OWN it and the right to put it on any system YOU want! So, 6 ones will get you into the setup page [under options] and then under program 6 zeros will get you into the service program mode.

6. twhite

twhite New Member

I would really really really appreciate it if one of you guys could tell me how to even get STARTED changing the spc code...

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

email to tom@uplogon.com

7. ronjulian

ronjulian New Member

I would really really really appreciate it if one of you guys could tell me how to even get STARTED changing the spc code...

You don't change the SPC, You use the SPC to change the phone settings like the SID ans NAM. What phone are you fooling with?

8. twhite

twhite New Member

It would appear that i was a bit mistaken with the whole spc thing. Im trying to get my 7135 to work on an ALLTEL network, the service reps at the local store are totally in the dark to what i need them to do so...here i am lol

9. Rods

Rods New Member

I too use Bluegrass and just got a PH off ebay supposed to b unlocked i turned it on and played with the menu and everthing seems find , iv tried that 6 digit code but what do i do after that ? hit call button ? i tried that but nothing happend just wanted to make sure that it was or can unlock it b4 i take it to them and try to program it thx

PS i couldnt find any PH options like ringtones any idea thx

10. ronjulian

ronjulian New Member

Well let me see if I can make this quick. This is a freebee. I sell this info on ebay for 10 bucks!

AFTER you enter [6] ones in phone mode a new option comes up at the bottom of the menu. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you see "options", hit OK.
    Next go down 3 steps to "programing" and hit OK.

Enter {6} zeros. Hit OK. You just entered the SPC.]Service programing code.

From here you enter your data. SID, NAM 1 and 2.
    That should be all you need to do.
    If you hit "more" in th lower RT corner you will see a bunch more ways to mess things up.

On the main page is your ESN,NAM, Directory number and all that.

In the upper RT there is a place called "main". hit it and a drop down will open up.

There are only 2 more things you care about, system and General.
    In System there is SID and NID. The SID is set on the first page. NID is set when you do a reaming update I will tell you about later.

Turn all 3 check boxs on. the 2 preferred settings are automatic.

Next hit the upper RT and open the general page.

There is system info like warranty dates and all that. Leave it alone!!!!!

Hit save and exit.

All you need to do is set the SID ans Nam1 and NAM2 if you have 2 phone numbers. I told you about the rest so when you mess with and your phone locks up you have the data needed to fix it. The best thing to do is NOT mess with it in the first place!!!!! But some of you will.

After you save and exit the phone will save and some times Re set. After you have control of your phone again, While you are in your home area, dial stare 228 send.

If asked say "roaming capabilities. Or the system will just update it auto depending on the system controller you are on.

After 20 to 60 Sec it will tell you it is done. Hang up and your done.
    What you just did was update your PRL. Do you want to know what the PRL is????? Sure you do! It is your "preferred roaming list".

With out it nothing will work right. As of now the alltell PRL is 1205. That is a list of all the SIDs you can roam on. With out it you will be charged for roaming even when you should not be.

Short version? {6} ones, {6} zeros. enter your phone number and SID, save and exit. Call stare 228, hang up and your done!

11. Rods

Rods New Member

Hey thx i found everything , BTW the SID# comes from my carrier wright ?? they will put that in ?

Shoot thats worth 10$ PM me yr address :) :)

THX

12. ronjulian

ronjulian New Member

No, the SID is provided by [however] but you put it in unless you take it to a center to be programed. Then "IF" you get someone with the brains God gave a rubber duck they will do it. Most of the time it is Not going to happen.

The phone people want to sell you a $500 phone so they do not train there people with the older [over 2 years]phones.
    And you know what they call an alltell service manager don't you?? ANY body that has been there over 6 weeks!

Ron Julian, Box 605 Aguilar CO [paypal]- Fidel@webcoast2coast.net

13. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The full retail cost for the Kyocera 7135 was $659.99 when it first came out, so there was still a discount involving a contract renewal, I'm betting, if you only paid $500 for the handset.

I agree with you, however, that once you've either paid the full retail cost for the phone or fulfilled the contract you signed to get reduced price on the phone (or paid the termination fee) you should be able to get the SPC from the carrier.

14. Rods

Rods New Member

well went to one of our local stores we messed with it and put the sid # in it took everything even my # pops up but it wont do local calls it still shows analog signals i tried that 228 but it never would connect , says activation in progress , im going to the main office and he said they can flash it , he also said something about socklocked ?????

15. Rods

Rods New Member

well they couldnt do it said the PRL couldnr b changed , if i knew the # i would try it

16. ronjulian

ronjulian New Member

Well "they" are an idoit!!!! The PRL is updated when you do a star 228 update. Or you can put 1205 in your self in the PRL list page.

17. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Current Alltel PRL is 206, not 1205.

*228 OTA PRL updates may not work if the system doesn't register correct information from the phone.

For example, I was trying to program an Alltel Motorola T720 the other day and its software version and PRL were so old that it wouldn't update the PRL by *228. Also, it woudln't pick up a digital signal, which is required for OTA PRL updates, even though digital signal is definitly available here.

Sometimes it just doesn't work, even if the phone is branded by the carrier you're trying to program it to.

18. ronjulian

ronjulian New Member

That is the "few" times you need to take it to a service center to be flashed.
    Another example is a new [less than a year old] phone that came from S. Africa, NOTHING was right and a hard flash from the center did the trick.

I can buy the programmer with all the plugs for under 400 bucks but I need it so seldom it would not be smart to buy it. That is when a service center with someone with out acne is the only thing that will help.

19. Rods

Rods New Member

Yeah i wasnt getting 1x it was mostly ANLOG , i found a guy on ebay who would change the PRL witch is 07275 and it started giving me a fatal exception error when i go to the ELS web , hopfully i can get it working i like the ph

20. andrewvanis

andrewvanis New Member

woudl like help changing the prl on a 7135.

21. wolf1

wolf1 New Member

My Phone:
    7135 Kyocera
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Bel
    I have a bel warantee and have returned it and was supposed to get a new replacement "in 24 hours and they took two months to return me to the same problems i sent it away with any sugestions would be appreciated?

They kept it for so long I wound up with a 3 year contract and a new 700p Treo which I like but it is not what I paid for. I should have a new Kyocera 7135 and no obligations or replace with an equivelent phone but no contract. I am not happy with extended warantee service and they say the 7135 (although a data device) is processed as aphone for warantee. This was not the case when I bought it.

I still have time left on my 2 year extended warantee which cost me $109.00 and tax.

Is bel the one i should take to cort over this as it seems the warantee is not kyocera?

thanks