Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Kyocera 7135 problems

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by werick, May 22, 2005.

1. werick

werick New Member

Hi all:

I have a Kyocera 7135 that is giving me fits.The phone section powers on when it wants to. I can be in the middle of a conversation and it will power off for no reason. Battery is OK. Seems almost software realated as it will work for a while after the maintenence screen. When it acts up I usually can't get it to work without a hard reset. PDA section is perfect.

Any help?

Thanks

2. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Time to bury the 7135, you can get a Treo 600 really cheap now, or go all out and get the Treo 650.

Both are light years ahead of the 7135...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zamboni77

zamboni77 Supreme CadGuru

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    only drawback to the treo- verizon won't sell without a data package

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WirelessBeachBum

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    The 7135 is sold by many different cdma carriers.

But you are correct Verizon will not sell any new PDA device without a PDA plan.

That's true because the Treo (and other new devices) will connect to the network and you would incure airtime charges without any type of data plan. (You would be looking at 1-3000 in airtime charges in a given month.)

There are Three options for data with that device.

$44.99 for unlimited data while on the Verizon Network.
    $24.99 for 10 MB of data while on the Verizon Network.

or

$0 and .015 cents per kb of data.
    (one text only email is about 1 kb in size so 1000 emails send to your device should cost you about $15 per month.)

Not all of the customers or Verizon representatives understand about the "ala carte" data feature, but if you plan to be a low data user you may want to consider this plan.

I suggest that you at least start out with the $24.99 data plan, so that you qualify for the advanced device rebates ($100 off your phone.)

5. WirelessBeachBum

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    As for werick's original post, I have seen many of the 7135's hitting the dust lately, most are out of warranty and may not be worth trying to revive, good luck with your situation, I don't think it's going to get any better with that model.

6. zamboni77

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?

try www.pdaphone.com
    and look under the 7135 forum for some help.

but mine died after 11 days (hand me down)

7. terryb99

terryb99 New Member

My Phone:
    Treo 600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon & Smart(Philippines)
    It may be time to say goodbye. I got 1 year and 10 months out of mine. I loved it. Verizon replaced mine with a Treo 600 at no charge, I never knew what I was missing.

Terry

8. wolf1

wolf1 New Member

My Phone:
    7135 Kyocera
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Bel
    BEL or Kyocera?? One/both causing the problem?

I still have warantee on my 7135.

But they really aren't honoring it, as they gave me the same phone back in several weeks when the "data device warantee is suposed to be "3 days new phone" mine was "24 hours new phone" but I got the old one with repairs after a lengthy wait (several weeks) and getting into a 3 year contract where I had no obligation before. I paid over $900 for my phone new to have no contract.

I think Bel is trying to give me the shaft. My phone still not working right!!

Kyocera???? Bel??? one or both are screwing me. or trying to anyway.

Any Bel or Kyocera employees able to give some insight on how to deal with this abuse?

9. zamboni77

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    still using a kyo when you have a 650 and 700p?
    Everyone is saying to me to stick to the 650 until the 755p is out on verizon.

10. wolf1

wolf1 New Member

My Phone:
    7135 Kyocera
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Bel
    My question is relating to warantee issues.

My phone was gone for several weeks and should have been replaced with a new one in 24 hours. I got my origional phone back and it is still loosing memory when changing bateries and locks up with search and the grafitti screen has a phone button but it does not work either and the bel rep is saying anything but "We are very sorry hear is the new phone your warantee states will provide within 24 hours."

I need to know how to deal with these guys. Hopefully I don't have to start legal action.

Thank you if any info is out there on memory loss, or locking up, or charger, beeping like disconnecting and conecting of the charger 7135 Kyocera

11. wolf1

wolf1 New Member

My Phone:
    7135 Kyocera
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Bel
    Please remember I have a 650 treo and a 700p treo so I would like to sell my Kyocera 7135 while there is still warantee but I can't do that if it is not working properly???

thanx for any help

12. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Re: BEL or Kyocera?? One/both causing the problem?

This is a 6 year old phone model. It isn't even made anymore. Did anyone at Bell tell you that?

They can't give you a new 7135 if it doesn't exist anymore. Sounds like you're getting the runaround from Bell.

13. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    You could try and sell the 7135, but it wouldn't be worth anything. It's a heavily outdated phone that can't be replaced or fixed.