Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Kind’ve a silly question maybe.....Regular or Plus?

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by kjo, Apr 10, 2018.

1. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure (2015)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    So I’m kind’ve thinking about picking up a used iPhone. I’m just thinking sometimes I really miss my iPod Touch and the picture quality etc. my current phone is nice too but sometimes I want an iPhone. I’m tired of missing all my iMessages contacts too on my iPad. Ha.
    So I was thinking on a 6 of course a 7 is nice too but might be more than I want to spend I know about the throttling back and all that and the battery upgrade options. I was gonna try to get a bigger capacity since I can’t put an sad card in. But the thing I can’t decide is if I should go for the standard iPhone or the plus? My current phone is a 5.7 screen but sometimes it’s too big

If anything I thought I would post and strike up a conversation. My husband is in the hospital. He’s doing okay but I got a good scare. He passed out on me at 11:30 pm Sunday night. Had to take him to ER

It’s quiet without tonight. My mom also out of surgery for open heart surgery after 3 weeks and complications and I just got scheduled today for my 3rd surgery so far this year on my leg. Second surgery on left leg.

I know you all can school me on the iPhones ❤️❤️

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dmapr

dmapr Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    First of all, sorry to hear about all the trouble you're having. Good luck with the surgery and hopefully your husband and Mom will be recovering without further complications.

As far as the iPhones go, only you can decide on the size. Really, it's what you are most comfortable with. Everybody is different. My wife has always preferred the Plus, my step-daughter kept getting the smaller one until last fall when she switched to the Plus and has no regrets. A friend of hers insists the regular is too big and opted for the iPhone SE (that one even lacks some features found on its bigger siblings). I also know people who picked a Plus at first then after a week or two exchanged it for a regular as Plus was too big for them. So my advice is to go to an Apple Store and play with 8 and 8 Plus to get a good feel for the size, then pick a 6/6s/7 of the chosen size.

kjo likes this.
  3. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Kelly, sorry to hear about your and your family’s medical issues. Hope everything will work out soon without anymore complications.

As to your question, I have the Plus and love it, it’s my first Plus.

Dmapr for not being a regular iPhone user, has done a better job than I could have and I have nothing more to add.

So good luck with whichever one you decide to go with.

PS: My husband has the 2.5 year 6s and hasn’t complained about any slowdown, so I guess it’s not that bad.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    kjo likes this.
  4. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I’m sorry about your family ‘s health issues. Those thing are so distressing, always.

Everyone seems to like the plus. Especially if you’re coming from a larger phone, I’d go with the plus. Both are still available in retail ( Apple store) so you can handle them there too.

Best wishes to you and all your family.
    VF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kjo likes this.
  5. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure (2015)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    Thanks my friends. My husband being released today thank goodness. Restricted diet of course for awhile and antibiotics with doctors follow ups. But he's okay

I think I will run away one of these afternoons and just go visit the store. I know I could buy used but I know I have to be careful about iCloud locked and all these other issues.

Thank you all very much for replying! I'll keep you updated to what next crazy phone thought I have. Decisions decisions. Oh if my current phone and iPhone had a baby how happy I would be. Ha ha ha

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

viewfly and dmapr like this.
  6. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure (2015)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    Not really much of a difference between a 7 or 8 other than all glass back and wireless charging and and chip. I’m so tempted just to go buy myself one. I like the x but not the price. The new one will be out again soon. Always new right around the corner. Lol

charlyee likes this.