Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Keep getting "Network Busy" from T-Mobile

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by XeNiHtIs, Oct 27, 2002.

1. XeNiHtIs

XeNiHtIs New Member

Keep getting "Network Busy" from T-Mobile

I have no idea what's going on, but for the past 3 days i haven't been able to make/receive phone calls because of a problem with the towers. They gave me bonus minutes and credit on my next bill, but the problem still hasen't been resolved. How come some other T-Mobile customers don't have the problem and I do? Is it because I still have a Vstream SIM card?

2. johnner1999

johnner1999 Junior Member

it might have something to do with a future merger or maybe just a dead tower?

if I could ask you a question. I am thinking about switching to t-mobile. how is the coverage area on the garden state parkway, a few times a month I have to drive from northen CT to To Tom's River in NJ. thank you in advance.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I live in Toms River & travel the Garden State north to New York & south to Atlantic City. I get great reception on my nokia 3390 with Tmobile/Voicestream

4. XeNiHtIs

XeNiHtIs New Member

Coverage is great wherever I go. If only they fix this one problem with the tower, my phone will be as good as new.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Did you try different times of the day /nite or in a different Location

Say work vs. home. It may just be a capacity issue durrring business

hours with many carriers I got and get a network busy. When I retry the call

it usually goes through. This happens to me one of 5 or 6 calls durring business hours.

If it is a capacity issue you may need to switch carrieres. On Technical standfront a crashed cell site

could be causing your problem. If your phone worked before it is unlikely to be the culprit.

6. XeNiHtIs

XeNiHtIs New Member

There's no way my cell phone can be damaged. I just called up a few of my friends and said they're having the same problem. Away from whatever bad things people have been saying about T-Mobile, I think they're actually coming true, in my case.

7. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

this happened last year as a matter of fact. my ex girlfriend and about 10 coworkers on voicestream could not use their phones for about 4-5 daus and noone could call them either. they got it fixed after that

8. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

It is possible that your phone is picking up ATTs GSM signal, this has been causing problems for many people.

9. XeNiHtIs

XeNiHtIs New Member

How is that possible? When I do a network search, ATT does come up but isn't accepted when I choose to register it. It always goes with the primary network, Vstream.

10. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It sounds like you've called TM, so you just have to be patient. Unless it's an outage, they are not going to run out and fix it immediately, esp. on a weekend. I experienced awful echoes on 2 towers near my house for a while - gave them a call and it got fixed in a week or so....

edit: is the problem you are describing an outage as in no carrier name listed on your phone, or problems connecting to the network?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. XeNiHtIs

XeNiHtIs New Member

there's no problem connecting to the network. my phone was working around 10a.m. this morning and since I came into my house, it now says "Call Failed". but that's not possible, for it uses the same tower to connect. i'm trying to be patient, but I just want my phone to be working again.

12. XeNiHtIs

XeNiHtIs New Member

problem solved! the phone is actually defective and a new one is being sent to me at no charge. Thanks for all ur help guyz!

**The network fault actually did happen and contributed to the problem.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I think your SIM card is broken.