Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Just got my LG 8100, got some questions

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by JE78, Oct 8, 2005.

1. JE78

JE78 New Member

I just my VX8100 yesterday after upgrading from a VX6000. For the most part I like it. Its a little bulkier than the 6000 but with the added features its well worth it.

Now while I like the phone there are a few things that annoy me. First of all whats up with the lack of a holster? I usualy have my phone hanging from the visor of my car when I'm driving but now I have to go buy one, no biggie though. Secondly why the lack of decent ring tones and wallpaper? Now I know I can either take some pictures and use that as wallpaper or download new ones but you'd think they'd give you something to work with. As for the ring tones what A joke. I think there is one, maybe two tones that aren't half bad. Now while I figure the reason they are doing this is so people jump on the Get-It-Now network and download all new goodies but here's my problem. I don't want fancy music tones or some guy saying "Hey, answer your damn phone". While I think its cool I just want a simple ringer but after spending a good hour on the tones section of Get It Now I can't find anything simple.

Here's my question. Is there someplace I can get simple tones? I plan on getting the cable so I can upload MP3's to my phone, can I so that with tones as well? If so will this cable work? http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-DATA-CABLE-CD-CAR-CHARGER-4-LG-VX8100-VX8000-VX3200_W0QQitemZ5816807092QQcategoryZ50327QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What else will I need if anything?

2. rctroub89

rctroub89 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Hey,
    That cable (Now ended) will most likley work with the phone. May be easer to get a Mini SD card, but that's up to you. You said you didn't want music tones, but on www.walmart.com under the music section has 30 second clips that fade in and fade out, they make great ring tones. Even better, they are all free and already mp3 format. You could also search the web for any polyphonic ringtones that you may want if you dislike the music one's.

-rc

3. zamboni77

zamboni77 Supreme CadGuru

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    Now while I like the phone there are a few things that annoy me. First of all whats up with the lack of a holster?

Most phones don't come with holsters anymore. At least the higher end ones..
    Go to walmart and by a case for 12.00 and it will better than those clip holsters

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JE78

JE78 New Member

Thanks guys.

I like music ring tones but there are times when I don't want my phone to ring and have "back dat *** up" come on lol. Just a nice normal ringer is what i'm looking for. I have a few on my VX6000 that I like alot. Do you think that cable will work with that phone so I can take the ringers off it?

As for the holster issue the last phone I got was the VX6000 and that came with a holster, I just thought that they would come with them but why give away $20, make the customer buy it right. Thanks guys.

5. 0oLakeShoreo0

0oLakeShoreo0 Senior Member

Glad it's working out for you! You can also take movies with the camera feature and have moving wallpaper, which I think is sweet. :)