Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Just got from Puerto Rico with my 6000 and....

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by rappo, Jul 29, 2003.

1. rappo

rappo Junior Member

absolutly no problems. Roming, but all 1x, all the time. No matter the area (and I went through some places, believe me.) Reception was good. But a few times I would have to dial a number twice for it to go through and the same for someone calling me. But hey, it's the carribean, what can you say.

So no analog needed and I am 100% comfortable with the 6000. How about you guys?

2. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    mine is great so far, but do you really think you don't need analog? could it be that maybe beacuse puerto rico is smaller you didn't run into any analog terrain? hummmm?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lenney97

Lenney97 Junior Member

I took my VX 6000 to Cozumel Mexico... and I had a single over there... I don't remember if it was on 1X or D but at least it worked [​IMG]

4. rappo

rappo Junior Member

I can't say that it's because Puerto Rico is so small. I know a few people who have had problems with their Cingular and AT&T phones. Now I know more towers have been added since last year but I was glad to not only have a signal but a 1x signal at that. But I did have the flashing triangle. My friend I visited has Verizon in P.R. I didn't get into details with her about her phone but she had a clear signal without a triangle. Wonder why I had one?

5. G3XP

G3XP Junior Member

Flashing just means you are away from your home network...its based on your PRL...either way you will not incurr roaming charges...if its solid you are roaming. Your phone most likely has a different PRL on her phone. What I heard in PR verizon uses PCS band 1900mhz so if your home area is primarily based on cellular band 800mhz such as NYNJ area you will see a flashing icon on your phone. Or maybe just verizon does not want you to use your M2M mins. The reason for to make multiple calls is because you become second priority on the system. Either way you will not incurr roaming charges. It happend to me when I traveled to Florida. I know florida uses 1900mhz pcs as well. Remember Primco? was bought by Verizon