Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Just a Few Sprint Questions....anyone?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by adamjohnson1, Mar 4, 2006.

1. adamjohnson1

adamjohnson1 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint/Nextel
    Okay, so I just switched from nextel to Sprint. I did this because my i860 was ruined and it was going to cost me $100 bux to get a new one through insurance. I planned on changing wireless carriers when my contract expired in April due to the high nextel pricing (I couldn't justify paying an extra 20-30 bux for an annoying but convient two-way radio). I could either get a i860 refurb and stay with nextel for another two months (so I would be down $30 each month plus an extra $100 for the insurance deductible on the i860 for a total of $160) or I could pay a cancellation fee and switch carriers entirely or I could switch to Sprint where I could cut my wireless bill in half, and get a new phone. I chose the latter because I would start saving money within a few months. After going through all the plans that Sprint offers (along with all of the extras vision,text,etc). I chose the Sprint Fair & Flexible Plan 400 anytime mins and the A900 "blade" phone. Today I was playing with all the features, and tried to get a better understanding of what my plan includes (and what other plans have). So from what I can see all I have are:
    400 "anytime" minutes
    unlimited nights & weekends(starting at 9pm)
    Three Way Calling
    Numeric Paging
    Voicemail
    Crystal Clear Calls
    Call Forwarding(20¢/min)
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Sprint 411 ($1.40)

I want to get internet, but I don't need the "Sprint TV" service. If I add the option do I get charged the $15 bux and are my minutes used? or is the fee for the service and no minutes are used when checking email, websites etc.? Basically all I want it for is to be able to check scores, and my email (which email services can you check?), so I was just hoping someone could explain this to me.
    I was also looking at the "anytime" mins and in the additional minutes box next to it states "401-900, $5 for every 50 minutes
    Above 900, additional Anytime Minutes are only $.10 each
    ", what does this mean? Can anyone that understands the plans explain this to me?
    I am also looking to get the SERO plan, and I would really appreciate any help getting a Sprint reps email address (also any rep that wants to get the $25 refferal reward with my cell#) Please just email me at ajohnson187 @ mail.com or PM me. Thanks

#1 adamjohnson1, Mar 4, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  2. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    As far as PowerVision (internet) Plans go, I am not sure what they include in the $15 package as I do not have a Power Vision phone, just a phone with regular internet. I do know that any internet usage does not use your minutes. So you can be on the internet all day if you wanted to go that route.

As for which sitres you can check...I believe you can check Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, Earthlink, and maybe GMail. You might be able to download the Opera Mini web browser from opera.com, if so, you can view pretty much any normal website on your phone.

As for your minutes...Your plan includes 400 minutes. If one month you talk for 430 minutes, you will pay an extra $5. If you talk for 900 minutes you will be billed an extra $50 ($5 for every 50 minutes over your base 400). If you talk for 1000 minutes, minutes 901-1000 will cost 10 cents each.

3. adamjohnson1

adamjohnson1 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint/Nextel
    Okay that makes sense, I was seeing it but it just wasn't clicking:banghead: ...lol. After searching many-a-websites I've basically figured out that Gmail,hotmail,msn,aol,and yahoo are available and can be checked on the phones(i know their are more I just didn't need to keep searching b/c I can use hotmail). Thanx for the info, now I just gotta call a sprint CS rep and see if they can hook me up with some "special" bonuses, I gues we'll just have to see. I want to get the internet on my phone but I don't want to pay over 45 bux for the plan, any ideas on how to get around 400 anytime with PV(basic to update, check email, upload ringers etc), any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx for your help AnthroMatt.

4. fuegochick

fuegochick New Member

I have three weeks left on my Nextel contract. But I signed up for one of the SERO plans. In three weeks, I'll just cancel my service with Nextel. In the mean time, I will enjoy my new cool phone, the A900 as well as the many new features in my plan for less money than I am paying now with Nextel.

I have to say though, I hope that I have made a good choice. I had Sprint from 2000-2004 but I had alot of dropped calls and so-so reception in the area where I live. Nextel doesn't have very flashy phones, (I have the i730) but wow, I got great reception in the last two years and very few dropped calls.

Sprint has done alot of upgrading and acquiring in the last two years, so I am hoping that fact along with better phone technology, will mean a seamless transition :)