Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Jailbreaking iPhone?

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by AshRae84, Aug 10, 2008.

1. AshRae84

AshRae84 ...Formerly YourDream84

My Phone:
    iPhone5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (The New AT&T)
    I'm a little torn on this subject right now...

It seems to be quite a common thing for people to do to their iPhones... But honestly in the last decade of owning cell's, I have never unlocked or modded (whether legally, or illegally) any of my cell phones...

Can you guys give me some pro's, and con's as to why I should (or shouldn't) do this?

Thanks,

~*Ash*~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T

The big reason I don't plan on unlocking or modding my iPhone, is that if my phone was bricked with the jailbroken firmware on it, it would void the warranty of the iPhone. So then I couldn't send it in to Apple and get it fixed.

EDIT: Once you jailbreak the iPhone, it voids the warranty.

3. AshRae84

AshRae84 ...Formerly YourDream84

My Phone:
    iPhone5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (The New AT&T)
    The one thing that's getting to me, is that it seems there are a ton of app's available out there, for people that have jailbroken their phones, and you can't get them otherwise...

~*Ash*~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I agree with you 100%. Unlocking is one think, jailbreaking is another. I have not urgent need for any of the app's that are jailbreak only...at least not for a year or so.