Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Iwireless bummed and burned

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by l84tea, Feb 23, 2008.

1. l84tea

l84tea New Member

I just recently left Verizon for iwireless.. it was a little cheaper and I was able to add my daughter.

I got her a cheapo Razor and spent some bucks on getting myself a erikson 580i stupidly spent more money on it. Well my daughter and I can be standing together and she has FAR better signal then I, sometimes I have none!

Well I work as a nurse, also given our snow storms from hell lately... I just plain didn't really even notice or didn't have time to... day 21, I decide to pop in to Iwireless and just see if I can exchange even or upgrade to a different model.

NO. they have a 15 day rule. I understand this... for anything like CANCELING, RETURNING FOR A REFUND.. BUT EXCHANGING FOR A PHONE that works??
    We live in a small town between 2 larger cities.. and there is a mile in between both cities I GET no service yet.. my daughters weenie razor gets service. So I am basically stuck for 2 yrs paying for a service that doesn't meet my needs for 2 years!! I can't use this phone in any dept store at all... it is AWFUL!! I can't believe iwireless wouldn't do anything for me.

So let this be your warning!!! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR... WHAT I WOULD DO TO BE BACK AT VERIZON!!! blah!!!!

grrr...
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Wirelessly posted (Treo 750: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

Hello there, SE 580i is actually a great phone as are SE phones in general. If your daughter's RAZR on IWireless gets better reception, then there is a good chance that your particular phone is defective. All wireless companies have a 1 year warranty replacement policy, give customer service a call to get a replacement phone. It maybe a factory refurbished unit but that usually doesn't make any difference. There is no reason for you to put up with a possible defective phone for the duration of your contract.

Good luck & let us know what happens :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dogma

Dogma Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel/Verizon
    Just curious to what town you actually live in? I am not familiar with SE phones, but my Razr works great in the reception department. My only complaint would be battery life, but that is expected with such a small phone. I agree, you should be able to have the phone sent back to be repaired or at least checked out.

4. salemcell

salemcell Junior Member

My Phone:
    nokia 6126
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Pageplus, Simple, Prepyd, Ultra, SKYView
    Hi,

where did you get the phone , corporate i wireless or an authorized dealer? actually doesn't really matter. as a new iwireless customer call , iwireless customer first and explain the situation . their number is 1 888 550 4497. i am sure the matter with your se 580i will be taken care of especially since you came over from the competition(verizon). as was stated earlier , sony ericsson are good phones , defects can happen. let me know how it all works out for you. a little patience can get alot done.

#4 salemcell, Mar 2, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Not Sprint! :(

With Sprint, you must go direct to the manufacturer for warranty service unless you have insurance.

Otherwise, if you want immediate service, you must fork over some cash to Sprint.

The upside of this policy is that with Sprint, any repairable damage (just about anything except water damage) is also covered by this policy, so if you crack your screen, $55 will get you a new one.

To the OP...good luck! If you are unsuccessful you may also look at eBay or criagslist for cheaper than full price phones.

6. Still observing

Still observing Junior Member

Hey, l84tea, how did this turn out?

What happened after all that ranting?