Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

ISIS bans Apple products!

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by viewfly, Jun 16, 2015.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Is American made Android OK ( sounds foreign). Hardware still made in China regardless.

Anyhow thought this was interesting. Or maybe they had a bad experience with Apple, like KevinJames.

ERBIL, Iraq — In northern Syria, the jihadists of the Islamic State have fixed power lines, dug sewage systems and painted sidewalks. In Raqqa, they search markets and slaughterhouses for expired food and sick animals. Farther south, in Deir al-Zour, they have imposed taxes on farmers and shopkeepers and fined men for wearing short beards.

The group runs regular buses across the border with Iraq to Mosul, where it publicly kills captives and trains children for guerrilla war.

In the process, the Islamic State’s administration has ballooned. The group has issued declarations banning dynamite fishing and Apple products, pressuring teachers to work in its schools, offering rewards for the killing of Jordanian fighter pilots and advising wounded residents not to travel to Turkey for prosthetic limbs because the Islamic State now makes them at home.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/17/w...l?smprod=nytcore-ipad&smid=nytcore-ipad-share

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung S20 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Mint Mobile
    That's just uncivilized...NO dynamite fishing?! :punch:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jay2TheRescue likes this.
  3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Wow, I never realized I'd get to the level of being a quoted journalist. LOL. To be clear, I've never had any personal experience with that fruit company. Having worked for ATT, I've heard how cut throat the fruit company is. I've also read numerous negative reports from consumers, suppliers, business partners and more. Then when I read of their frivolous lawsuits, that just makes me very angry. In short, my impression of Apple is so poor that I've vowed to never buy, own, or accept as a gift anything made by that company. So far so good. I have never had an Apple computer, an ipod, an ipad, an iphone or anything else they've made. If anyone were to gift me an Apple product, I would immediately sell it. I am that repulsed by them. (P.S. The ONE and ONLY time I ever stepped into an Apple store was when I was with a friend that needed a peripheral device. I walked in, saw that he was being helped, and walked immediately out. As I waited outside and watched the Apple sheep using their tiny screens (about 2 years ago), I took out my Note2 and proceeded to read the news.)

Jay2TheRescue likes this.
  4. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    It's certainly a sad state of affairs over there. Even anyones worst day with C/S or a company pales in comparison

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Well, you had an 'experience' of negative information, and you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's unjustified in my own opinion. Certainly Samsung, as a company, is far from squeaky clean, ethically in business. Nor Google biases in their search results are fair.

But I buy or use all three companies.

I guess for ISIS, Apple is more recognizable as an American brand, than others, even though the other OS is likely based on Google. Although, I would be disinclined to use any cellular phone that could be tracked!

But dynamite fishing, wasn't that in the Old Testament? Certainly there were Apples and a Walled Garden back then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapata

6. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Yeah, I don't fault anyone for using Apple products. My own adult children both use Apple phones and tablets. My beef is with the corporation. And you are absolutely right, there is no company on the face of this earth, in fact I'd even go so far as to say there is no single person on the face of this earth, that is faultless. To me, the personna developed by Apple is unfriendly and arrogant. But then again, my experience with Samsung customer service is less than stellar.

I've been asked before to provide technical support for Apple products and typically I have to go to the web for articles on the issue, but I am usually able to provide assistance.

I hadn't really thought about it, but I can see the validity of your point about Apple being perceived as American more than other companies.

I don't know about dynamite fishing in the "Old Testament." I've read the Bible from cover to cover multiple times and never came across anything that even vaguely alluding to that. (I have an annual reading schedule to read the whole Bible in one year. Presently I'm in Psalms. This year will be the 3rd consecutive year, but I've read it 5 or 6 times completely.) According to this article, dynamite was not invented until the 1800's.

7. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    That was a bit of sarcasm, on the dynamite fishing part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    ISIS are Windows Phone fanboys, "pay ransoms quick and easy from your smartphone"

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Haha! So that's the reason to ban Apple? Competition? Funny.

However, from September 2014:

Isis, the U.S. mobile wallet platform backed by AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon, is rebranding. “In a few weeks, Isis Wallet will become Softcard. It’s a different name for the same great way to pay,” the company notes on its homepage.

The move comes about two months after Isis announced that it would change its name, to distance itself from any potential association with the hardcore Islamic militant group of the same name that has been involved in a lot of gruesomely detailed deaths of U.S. and other citizens.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/03/is...ftcard-to-distance-from-miltant-terror-group/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk