Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Is Wireless Advisor dying?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by rjniles, Jul 2, 2019.

1. rjniles

rjniles Member

My Phone:
    MOTO E4 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Top 4 Forum discussions

General Wireless Last post 6/14 (over 2 weeks ago)

Wireless News last post 5/13

Android last post 6/14

Apple last post 5/31

Is the forum dying? Have the users found other sites more to their liking or with better information? I read Howard Forums and found the site buzzes with discussions.

dmapr and palandri like this.
  2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Haven't been to Howard Forums in years, so I'll take your word for it. I don't know why such a drastic difference. My first guess would have been that the provider's customer forums have improved enough in the last decade to draw a lot of traffic away from here, but if HF is abuzz that puts a crimp on this theory. How much traffic do you figure comes from trolling there? I remember WA had done a pretty good job on putting a lid on trolling. Perhaps (sadly) the human nature needs that to keep going?

3. rjniles

rjniles Member

My Phone:
    MOTO E4 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Howard Forums probably gets 100+ posts per day. A lot of chaff but some interesting discussions. I use Tapatalk to wade thru it.

Sent from my RCT6213W22 using Tapatalk

dmapr likes this.
  4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Good question rjniles.

I haven’t been through HoFo for eons. I never felt comfortable there but yes there is a lot of activity there.

I visit Macrumors and that has lots of activity there as well, so much so that I just click on “Mark forums read”, if there are more than 3 days of unread threads.

This is my favorite and yes the lack of activity is too depressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jay2TheRescue likes this.
  5. BC3

BC3 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung S10 plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    It may be from a few reasons, lack of new phone features that wow people, Coverage by the main carriers including T-Mobile improving dramatically over the years, and people not knowing about other forums like this & HoFo vs as dmapr stated improvements in carrier and manufacture forums to help customers, and both recommend using them to help with issues.