Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Is TMobile's Customer Service Slipping?

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by BradQue, Sep 8, 2008.

1. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Maybe it's just me but I am seeing a definite slip in TMobile's customer focus, specifically their failing to respond to requests for help/support through their website.

Over the past two plus weeks, I've posted a question (twice) about a Sidekick LX issue that arose post upgrade to the latest SW. No responses to date, nothing, notta, zip.

Based on this lack of response, I am not impressed with TMobile's level of concern about their customers.

In contrast, I also have Sprint - often dissed for poor customer service. I had one question upon initial activation of my phone. I not only got a prompt response via email, but two calls from their customer service staff following up, one even left a personal extension to call back should I have additional concerns.

Has anyone else noticed this happening or am I just on a bad roll of the dice right now?

Thanks,

Brad

2. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Have you called about the issue with the sk?

3. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Not yet but since I've sent 3 messages now with no response, that's what I guess I'll have to do.

I've never dealt with any company that totally ignored a customer even though some simply send a meaningless acknowledgment but TMobile has done neither.

Thanks,

Brad

4. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    I don't know why you didn't get a response to your email, but in my experience calling is the best option for tech support

5. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Thanks.

You are probably correct. I guess they figure if you're willing to spend 10-15 minutes hanging on the phone, you're serious about the problem. Unfortunately, this experience has affected my attitude about TMobile's customer service a bit.

Brad

6. maa1775

maa1775 New Member

My Phone:
    TM 506
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T Mobile
    Just a guess, but they are probably swamped by SunCom customers trying to figure out what's going on with their calling plans!!

7. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    could be I have taken tons of suncom calls lately and I don't know anything about their plans...so it's hard for both me and the customer but I am only taking calls for customers that want to cancel we do have general reps that worked for suncom that are taking the general calls

8. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Thanks. You're probably correct. I called and got a nice CSR but she didn't know of any reported problems like the one I have so suggested I call again when I have the phone with me.

Brad.

9. vcmike

vcmike New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6101
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I recently went to pre-paid after 7 years or so with post-paid. Recently, my SIM started giving me occasional problems (phone did not 'see' SIM during startup). I noticed that T-Mo had the Nokia 1208 with a free $25.00 refill card so I decided to order one. I called T-Mo c.c. to find out if a SIM card came with this offer. The first fellow stated that no SIM was included, but he didn't sound real sure of himself so I called back later in the day & was told by another individual that a SIM was included. If I had to guess, I would say that I was not talking to someone in the U.S., not that it's a problem, just different than what I'm used to. I consequently went online & ordered the phone, so I guess I'll see when it gets here.

10. duigi

duigi New Member

I also sent a message to them requesting a text message package to be added to my account. No response after a week.

I prefer to deal with T-Mobile using written correspondence due to their habit of misinterpreting the request. A simple request to add a text message package could end up as a request to extend my contract.

11. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    Slipping??? I'd say it slipped on a banana peel and went over the edge of a cliff! :eek:

A year ago, I sent an e-mail via the web site. One year later, still waiting for a response to it...

Last week, sent an e-mail with suggestions for a web site to be added to the prepaid T-Zones. Still waiting for a response to this too... And no, the site I suggested doesn't work in prepaid.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. guy2

guy2 Senior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Customer service seems as though it has been dumbed down!I called to possibly cancel, told ivr cancel and it transfered me to customer service and they wouldn't even put me through to retention or save team!They said they didn't have such a team.They also said basically that they didn't care if we left even though they are loosing 4 lines. So if they could have kept me as a customer they can no longer!What is going on at T-mobile?Is it becoming another Sprint..??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    You were probably routed to the save team already by the IVR, and I am sure that nobody said that they didn't care if you left even though we would be losing your 4 lines, and if you got that idea from your conversation then call back and give it another shot. Of course we want your business, why wouldn't we, you're money is green right? The bigger issue is how long have you been with tmobile and why do you want to cancel or is this just time to play the game of saying you want to cancel to see if you can get what you want? I mean if you were calling to possibly cancel...what reason made you think you know what I think I might cancel my tmobile service afer x amount of time. Did something happen? Because you know you don't have to say you're going to cancel your service to get a fair deal. If you're qualified for a fair deal than you'll get one. if you're not, then you will when you are. Just an FYI retention and save are for some reason bad words in customer service for some reason the company trains you not to use those words. But really man if you really wanted to cancel you would have or you would port your numbers without calling if you are calling to see what will be offerred to keep you, then that means you want to stay. So call back give us another chance, there is a reason you came to tmobile let's see if we can find that reason and re-ignite it.

14. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    I would have to say that it is a pretty good guess that youre email you sent a year ago is probably not getting answered...lol. Sorry but it's kinda funny. Why don't you just call and ask your question or perhaps I can answer your question for you. With suggestions especially with prepaid suggestions feedback is not always communicated to the customer, but you never know you may get something back on that.

15. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    we don't extend your contract for feature add ons and you should just add the feature online through your mytmobile acct take you just as long as sending email.

16. guy2

guy2 Senior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yes,what i said is true.The lady actually said i'm not on commission so and then she stopped herself.She also went onto stay that we have no options for you!& i'm sorry to say.
    I was considering switching to another carrier but called into see if they prorated the etf and so i said cancel to ivr and told the customer service rep that i wanted to cancel and she said they didn't prorate etf unless you were near the end of the contract.By the way i did call in twice and they wouldn't transefer me to retention.She also admitted that we were high value customers but she said she had no more options for me.She said i don't know about you but doesn't make sense to pay 4 etf's..

17. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    maybe what the rep meant was that you're plan seems to be working for you and perhaps you're not qualified for the best deals yet, I don't know but wow you are right at least the word choice could have been different. We do prorate etfs but here is the scoop. for new customers and for existing customers the prorated etf only applies to new contracts started on or after 06-28-08, and at the 18 month mark the etf drops to 100.00 per line then with 90 days left on your contract it drops by 50, then an additional 50 each 30 days. Now if you are in a one year contract it drops to half with 90 days left and 50 dollars each 30 days, but if you agreed to a new contract before 06/28/08 then you are still with the old etf system that's 200.00 right up until the day your contract ends.

18. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    My customer service experience is based on several queries concerning technical and coverage issues. The fact is that when I am logged in and submit a question it goes into a black hole - no response to any of them, ever. Not even an automated response acknowledging receipt.

My latest question had to do with coverage in the Bahamas and how it works with the Sidekick. Specifically, what works and, if it gets turned on and a zillion emails download, am I charged and, if so, how do I avoid that?

No answer. I called too and couldn't get a direct answer to that question.

Calling Verizon (our other carrier) got a very quick and concise response and since their service seems to work there, it's what we use. So much for TMobile's "International" flavor.

The SK is a good system but TMobile is not serving this customer as he thinks he should be served, however, it's not my style to threaten to quit - I am sure they hear that all the time. Silently voting with one's feet is the better alternative.

I have three phones, with three different carriers (don't ask why it's work related). I grade: Verizon and Sprint as exceptional (my experiences)
    TMobile as needing improvement, or at least some common courtesy to response in some fashion to a question.

19. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Sorry you've been frustrated (<----standard response...:) )

But really we try to provide you a good experience and we normally are the best so we will try and do better. You know for some reason that I don't know because I don't work on the team that answers emails I have gotten a lot of feedback from customers that responses never come or are severely delayed. This would be unacceptable to me as a consumer so I understand why you feel the way you do. Keep in mind though that most of the answers to your questions are also available online on our website the coverage for the Bahamas is decent and the data charges are explained on the web. :cheers:

20. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Thanks. You've been very helpful. I suppose in many cases it's the luck of the draw when accessing customer support - with any company. TMobile has some good features (my wife realy depends on the SK to keep her email available when away from a computer).

21. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    T-Mobile has not responded to my last two emails either. Yeah, I get the usual auto reply advising me that someone will get back to me but nada.

I prefer dealing with Care over the web or email because I don't have a lot of time during the day to wait on hold. Sometimes I just like to have things "in writing," because phone reps in the past have taken my simple requests and created drama.

I do everything I can to avoid having to call in by utilizing the My T-Mobile service when available.

My first issue surrounded my problem with changing features online. I kept getting an error message telling me to call customer service whenever I'd try to modify any feature, change my paperless billing preferences or attempt to upgrade. I emailed T-Mobile and never got a response.

My second question surrounded add-on lines. Online, it used to say I can add up to 4 additional lines and out of the blue it now says I can only add 2. I've never been late on my bills, I have decent credit and my ARPU is on the high side. Again, I emailed T-Mobile and never got a response.

My take on this is that unless the question is very simple and/or elementary in nature, the email team might be a bit relunctant to answer. But what do I know I don't work there..... haha :D At the very least I'd expect some canned answer telling me to call Customer Care due to the nature of my questions or some silly answer like advising me to pull my battery and SIM out......... lather rinse and repeat. :)

Sometimes the best way to get the info you need is to register and post on forums like these.

22. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile

If you're attempting to add features and the website is having issues call in and in the automated system say cancel my service you'll be directed to the least busy dept there and usually get a tenured rep who appreciates not actually having to talk you into staying on board and would be more than happy to quickly add your feature and get you taken care of that rep can also advise you as to how many lines you can add on to your acct otherwise you're at the mercy of the web correspondence team who is apparently really busy...sorry but that's the best way to get through and also tuesdays seem to be slow lately so if you can wait call tuesday as early in the a.m. as you can.