Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Is this even possible?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by hogdog62000, Mar 28, 2007.

1. hogdog62000

hogdog62000 New Member

Hi everyone, just a quick question, my gf has an alltel cell, its a pre-payed or something like that, and she has unlimited txting, and the other day i was txting her never got a reply, so called her and she said that her cell isnt getting incomeing txts anymore, she said a friend tryed txting her and she didnt get it eather, BUT she said she can send txts.

Is that even possible? Or is her phone a piece of crap? Also does alltel have good signel strength/range? Because her and i are alway getting disconnected when we are talking?

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Her signal strength would depend on her proximity to the network she is using.

As far as the incoming/outgoing text message situation, either her pre-paid service is set up that way or there is something wrong. She should contact Alltel Prepaid or Simple Freedom (depending on who she has service with) technical support to have a tech troubleshoot the issue.

More details might help us troubleshoot the issue. Which carrier exactly does she have service with? Which model of phone does she have? What city is she in?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    I completely agree with MOTOhooligan, the only thing I can think to add is what carrier are you using and how long were the text messages that she didn't receive? Some carriers limit the number of characters that can be sent in a text message to a customer on another network.

But it certainly could have something to do with the phone (some models are much better than the free one), the distance away from a tower, or just her account settings so a call into her technical support could be a huge help. Alltel generally has very good signal range from a tower and builds very good networks, but it still does depend on how far away from a tower she is. So really, like MOTO said, more information would really be helpful but a call to technical support to check the account settings would be a good start.

4. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Alltel has a strong network, i doubt that is the problem. Although if she is in a fringe area then it could cause problems. It sounds more like a internal account issue. Call up her carriers CS and talk to the tech department.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. hogdog62000

hogdog62000 New Member

Hey everyone thanks for the replys, I finally got her to find out what is going on, kinda had to bug her about it, but she found out her dad chanced the plan on her phone, so now she has minutes on the phone and doesent have to buy them all the time, so thats why its not working with txting now, lol BUT she CAN talk longer now, so its all good. Thanks for the help.