Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Is this a fate that will ingulf us?

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Stew, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Stew

Stew New Member

Oh great! Went to Germany last summer and you couldnt walk 5 feet without seeing a T-Mobile sign! Is this the fate for us? I cernatly hope not! Also, be glad we have such competitive rate plans! In Europe its MUCH worse! People wonder why text messaging hasnt caught on here? Cause in Europe you pay as you go for minutes so its ALOT cheaper to text message people. Why message when you can call? They do have better phones there.... thats my 2 cents.

Stew

2. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Voicestream's text messages are pretty cheap here though; You get 500 text messages for only $2.99/month. I think that that is pretty good. Noone else in the U.S. offers them that cheap. Verion offer like $2.99/month for 100 text messages.

3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    You get unlimited receive/send messages on SunCom (Triton PCS) for only $4.95 extra a month. They call their service "SunCom iNotes"

4. Guest

Guest Guest

as long as the carriers charge people to use text messaging, it wont be popular. face it, people like free stuff and this sms deal should be free. it's a nice addition but not necessary. just call me and leave a message! =)

5. BAL

BAL New Member

While I am sure that pricing varies in different European countries, in both the UK and the Netherlands, there are many tariffs that include "free" minutes as well as text messages. No different to here. What is different is that there are many GSM providers to choose from in each country and the vast majority of each country is covered.