Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Is there such a thing as "Free Incoming calls" ?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by SirMack, Jul 14, 2002.

1. SirMack

SirMack New Member

<< Ok I've heard anywhere from they have no return policy, 15 days, 15 days but only 30 minutes, 30 days. Nextel can't seem to make up their mind on the return policy. I decided to email Nextel myself and find out. I'll tell you guys what they say when/if they respond back to me. >>

Thanks! I have been told 15 days, and no more then 30 minutes, and you still owe the activation fee + usage. [​IMG]

2. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Thanks! I have been told 15 days, and no more then 30 minutes, and you still owe the activation fee + usage. [​IMG]

Same with EVERY provider you pay only for what you use.

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Correction: ALLTEL apparently still does offer the Unlimited anytime minutes plan in my area. While driving around in Kingsport, TN today I spotted 3 new billboard's stating a unlimited anytime minutes plan.

It's not listed on their site but apparently it's still avaible. I'm not sure about the price and coverage area though but I am assuming its the same as what the unlimited local plan had been.

4. SirMack

SirMack New Member

I think they are offering it in my area also, BUT its like $160/month if I recall. How much is it in your area?

5. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I don't know, I just saw the billboards. I don't have the details of the plan.

It use to be $69.95 a month with a calling area from Morristown, TN to Wytheville, VA but that could have changed.

6. SirMack

SirMack New Member

I checked with alltel today. Their plan is $80/month, and the calling area is way tiny. If I roam outside of it it costs me .99/minute which is crazy! NexTEL's free incoming plan is much better. [​IMG]

7. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    It sounds like it to me, if you receive a lot of calls.

I use to have a free incoming call plan and what I would do is I would call somebody and then tell them to call me back. So basically if you do that you can get unlimited minutes.

8. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    TNDan that type of calling works good unless you have two phones on the same carrier...i.e. my wife calls me with her phone, I get free incoming calls she pays...etc.

I began offering Mobile to Mobile calls to my customers as an option a couple of years ago, it's a pretty good alternative for some, however many who bought this feature, didn't need it, it just made them feel comfortable.

Just like most people don't need unlimited airtime, and most people do not use their off-peak or night airtime...

I wish companies would be more straitforward with their plans...i.e. base your rates strictly on anytime minutes...it's just more realistic than dividing peak and off-peak.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    TNDAN21 said:I use to have a free incoming call plan and what I would do is I would call somebody and then tell them to call me back. So basically if you do that you can get unlimited minutes.

Ahh. yes. the call me back plan

Wireless beachbum said:I wish companies would be more straitforward with their plans...i.e. base your rates strictly on anytime minutes...it's just more realistic than dividing peak and off-peak.

I would agree with that. I hate when they say XXXX number of minutes but only XXXX are for the daytime

Jack

10. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Alltel had there 69.99 unlimited plan for awile here but I think that it is gone again. They had the plan for awile

Jack

11. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    The unlimited plan is back in my area but it's not listed on their website nor do I have the details of it.

12. SirMack

SirMack New Member

I was going to get that plan. But Alltel's coverage in my area is HORRIBLE (worse then SPrint PCS) and plus my local calling area cut right in the middle of my local home area. So if I crossed a certain highway I would end up paying $0.99/minute on top of the $70/month plus I had to buy a phone, etc. Plus they said they were still analog mixed with digital in my area.

13. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Ok, I finally got a email response back on Nextel's return policy however the email wasn't even close to what I asked and it was useless. I simply asked them what their return policy is and I got this email back from them:

Dear Daniel *******,

Thank you for contacting nextel.com.

Please contact your sales agent or the location from where you
    bought the phone.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please
    don't hesitate to contact us at https:
    //nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/care/WCCustomerCareServlet/.

Sincerely,

Terence (1313D)
    Customer Care On-Line

Ugh! What a response considering I didn't even buy a phone with them in the first damn place.

14. SirMack

SirMack New Member

I have had the return policy confirmed at 15 days with no more then 30 minutes used, and the phone must be in PERFECT condition. You forfeit your activation fee as well.

15. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Dear Daniel *******,

Thank you for contacting nextel.com.

Please contact your sales agent or the location from where you
    bought the phone. Because we were not really paying attention to what you asked us!

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please
    don't hesitate to contact us at https:
    //nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/care/WCCustomerCareServlet/.And we will answer you with the same piece of form mail

Sincerely, From the bottom of my heart

Terence (1313D) You think (1313d) is on Terence's business card?
    Customer Care On-Line

Typical Non-Commital customer service answer, not willing to actually answer a question!!!ARGH!!!!!

16. Guest

Guest Guest

yOU CAN GET FREE MINUTUES FROM CINGULAR CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE

17. DandyDon

DandyDon Senior Member

My Phone:
    i95cl
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
    That's funny.

Nextel had inconsistant return policies depending on the sales channel you got your phone from. Telesales, Web Sales and their retail stores had a 30 day return policy, Dealers had a 72 hour return policy. As of July 1, 2002 Nextel incorporated a standard return policy on the following conditions;

- Must be cancelled within 15 days of activation and less than 30 minutes of use
    - Responsible for airtime charges, set-up fee's
    -Service Credits are waived (if applicable)
    - Handset must be return in "like new" condition and may incure a $25 restocking fee (determined by location)

Concerning the original question, the free incoming rate plans with Nextel are just that. These plans include Long Distance as well. So the bottom line is that if you have this plan, your phone rings and you answer it, it is a free call with out any hidden fees. (Roaming, connection, ect). They had an unlimited plan for $99 that included unlimited incoming and unlimited outgoing. Such a great deal needless to say it didn't last long. That plan was the only plan that required a 2 year contract, all others are 1 year.