Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Is there anywhere i can put in a tower request?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by ace41690, Aug 21, 2007.

1. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    There are places all over where nextel has a tower/antennas on a tower and sprint doesnt in my area. It makes no sense to me that sprint hasnt added to these towers, in some of the places they could really use the coverage. For example, there are nextel and tmobile antennas on the roof of a building next to a college, sprint gets terrible service at the college. Nextel, Tmobile, and Verizon all have antennas on or right near campus and therefore get good service. Why would sprint not want to have good coverage at a college? where there are thousands of kids with cell phones? Anyway, does sprint have a number or something i can call where i can request for them to put a tower in? There is a lack of sprint native signal in a few places around me:mad:

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well I know you can go to sprint.com and look to see if there is by chance going to be a tower there. Also I am not aware of any phone number or email that you can call. One suggestion though you can force your sprint phone to roam so let it do that and you could probably go off verizon. What phone do you have an what area are you in?

3. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I know i can force it to roam off verizon but thats a pain in the ___ and i might as well just switch to verizon. Its just that there seems there is no reason why sprint cant have a tower in some of these places where nextel does, or why it is taking them so long to "synergize" these sights. Im in CT by the way and im talking about coverage along the route 8 corridor and then along the shoreline and up into litchfield county. The coverage looks good but really unless theres dark green on the map youre going to have a problem in a bigger building. and yea its great that the big cities are getting all these new sites but it doesnt seem like we are getting very many...and we're right next to friggin NYC!

PS
    i have an m610

4. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    Both Litchfield and Watertown have new CDMA sites on the horizon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I know litchfield does, but its been "on the way" for years. Didnt know about watertown though. Where in watertown? Where did you find this out because its not on the map thing?

6. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    Near Black Rock State park.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well sorry that it is a pain in the ___. But yeah it seems like your only option right now. Even if you could put in a tower request it could take years before anything would be done most likely.

8. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Thank God, that area of route 6 is one of the worst dead spots...

9. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    The M610 might not be helping your situation. I have noticed my M610 to have worse reception than other Sprint phones I have used. I love the phone but it doesn't hold up as well in fringe areas as some of the other phones, especially Sanyo's.

Requesting a cell site.... I have managed to get in contact with some people at Sprint that are higher up than the folks you talk to normally. Through e-mails and phone conversations I have informed them of areas that are in desperate need of coverage. The response I got was very polite and appreciative of my concern.

I asked if there was any chance that they could come out and build a tower in the next couple years and I got a bunch of information about how there is a long precess for deciding upon a new site and so on. Sadly that is true and sadly your or my asking is probably not going to get anywhere. They need a lot of complaints before they even consider taking a request seriously. I even said I could find land for them and most of the areas I had in mind have easy access to utilities. One major area is well covered by Unicel but only Unicel. I asked about getting CDMA panels on the Unicel towers and they said yes it's possible and I was told a crew would be sent out at some point to evaluate my area. (This was way before the Verizon deal with Unicel/Rural Cellular and Unicel is GSM up here)

Yes it is possible to request a tower. You have to be persistent and talk to the right people. Even then you will not have any success. Go ahead and try it but I don't think Sprint even bothered to send a crew out for me. Why would they bother just because one customer is complaining? In 5 years Sprint will have filled most of the holes so just wait till then.

In the meantime I would suggest getting a small antenna for your vehicle since you seem to have problems when you are on the road. They look kinda dorky but you will have better service in most cases. Good luck and try talking to Sprint. I don't think you will get very far unfortunately.

10. Allan

Allan New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola i870 - iDEN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel, Sprint
    CT/WMA - New Sprint & Nextel Sites;

SPRINT
    Southbury - July
    Weston - August
    Agawam MA - August
    Bristol/Forestville - August
    Sherman - August
    New Fairfield - August

NEXTEL
    Stamford - July
    Bridgeport (3 sites) - July & August
    Woodbridge - August
    Norwalk - August

11. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Where did you find that? They're not on the coverage map.

12. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i've heard people simply submit coverage trouble tickets but if you know anyone else with Sprint then have them call in too cuz the more they hear about the area the more they might want to put a tower out

13. Allan

Allan New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola i870 - iDEN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel, Sprint
    I have an in with an empolyee

14. Allan

Allan New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola i870 - iDEN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel, Sprint
    All carriers have plans on where they want to improve coverage, and are usually put in some kind of order, at times the sites get pushed up or down for various reasons, lease/landlord issues, zoning, funding gets pulled for one site in favor of another, etc. for example site A has been on the planning table for years and then property B opens up, this site gets put to the top of the list, gets the go ahead, funding is moved around and it gets built in a couple of months, while pushing the other sites down the list.

15. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i can understand that.......putting a tower up isnt just a matter of going out and constructing something............there are politics and paperwork involved.......

btw.............Nextel used to run a site where you could submit coverage complaints...........of course the page has been shut down but it would be neat if they were to start something like that back up again