Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Is there anyway you can get the 700wx palm without internet?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by talontsi1225, Feb 1, 2009.

1. talontsi1225

talontsi1225 New Member

Hey everyone so I am looking at buying either a palm 700wx or a glimmer from my friend. Only thing is I dont want to get the web if I buy the palm. I know you use to not have to but now I heard you had to? Is there anyway you can get the 700wx palm without the web on it? And on the glimmer my friend is with alltel and I was wondering if I can activate it onto verizon? I had a different friend that activated the razr from verizon onto a alltel account.

2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile: Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13216/558; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Actually, the current Palm devices dont require a data plan.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. talontsi1225

talontsi1225 New Member

I just called the verizon story in Brookings, SD and they said you have to have interent with the palms?

4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    That's not true, the 700WX and the Centro do NOT require data plans. You can either pay per KB, pay $30 or $45 per month. or call customer service to block all data. The phones are set to send/receive data by default.

Other smartphones you can do this with are : Motorola Q9c, HTC Touch, 6800, and the 5800. Any older non-Blackberry smartphone that has been discontinued by Verizon will have the aforementioned data options

If you decided to block the data on your Palm device, MMS will not work.

All Blackberries and all other smartphones that were launched after 11/14/2008 (like the Touch Pro, Omnia, SAGA) will require a data plan.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    Do you need a data plan to qualify for rebates? Perhaps this is what the employee is thinking of? With Sprint, if you activate a PDA device you must activate a data plan to get the mail-in rebate. Once you get the rebate you are free to cancel the data plan.

6. Buickman

Buickman Gearhead/Gadget freak

My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones
    No, you did not need that data plan to get the rebates. The rep they spoke to was wrong. If you talk to a service rep who is fairly new they will just think "oh, it's a PDA, it needs a data plan". What Quint101 said is correct about the policy for data.

7. Dwimmerlaik

Dwimmerlaik New Member

My Phone:
    LG Voyager
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    It's this kind of madness that has me considering a switch back to Sprint. I love my Voyager but not being able to use any device with any plan keeps nagging in the back of my head.