Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Is there a way to override silent/vibrate for specific contacts?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by our3rotts, Jul 27, 2010.

1. our3rotts

our3rotts An Iowa Gurl...

My Phone:
    Google Pixel
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZN - 4G
    I know that you know that I don't have a WinMo phone, nor do I plan to.

Background: I'm implementing an emergency notification system at work to use cell phones, rather than pagers. Our IT group went with HTC WinMo phones over BB's a few months ago.

What I'm looking for is an app (?) that will allow you to choose contacts that will be exceptions to the phone's silent or vibrate profiles with a contact specific ringtone or notification sound - similar to how BlackBerry handled their exceptions.

I know that Budney found one for the Android (thank you - I haven't added it to my Froyo apps yet).

I'd appreciate any help you can give me!

Thanks,
    Nik

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
  3. our3rotts

My Phone:
    Google Pixel
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZN - 4G
    How come I searched & came up with nothing?? Is this b/c you've been a winmo guy?

Thank you! Love you - you're the best!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I would have to say it is because of my WM history. I never hear much about these great apps any more now that Android, iOS, & BB are the main OSes these days. :)

5. our3rotts

My Phone:
    Google Pixel
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZN - 4G
    I did some searching using words from your links and also found one that looks promising called "Mobile Receptionist"