Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Is it worth the upgrade?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by allteldecade, Aug 4, 2008.

1. allteldecade

allteldecade New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr V3C
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Ok, I've been thinking of updating my plan. Currently I have Nationwide 500 minutes for $39.99. I sometimes have fairly lengthy conversations with people that either are on US Cellular or Verizon. I am afraid one of these days I will run over my minutes since my nights don't start till 9. I also have the 750 text messages, and that is more than sufficient for me. I noticed on myaccount that I have 1 my circle number, and with 3 people on the different plans, it's hard to figure out which one of the 3 to add. I thought about moving up to the next plan for $10 more. It's only one phone on the plan, and I'd go up to 700 minutes and have the 5 my circle numbers.

What would you guys do?

2. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    Overages can get really expensive really fast and for most people it's usually better to make sure that you have a plan that meets your needs.

For $10 more on National Freedom you can get the extra 250 anytime mins and 4 extra my circle numbers.

You could also consider adding early nights. For $7 more your nights can start at 7 instead of 9.

You can also re-evaluate your texting. Alltel has some new texting packages and for $7.99/month you can get unlimited texting to other alltel customers and your circle, and 400 messages to people on other providers. That'll save you a couple more bucks.

Just some ideas and it really depends on your situation as to which one is the best answer for you, and how important it is to save $3 bucks/month if you think you could make the early nights work out fine. Just upping the plan is probably the best way to ensure that you don't go over your mins, and you can save a few bucks on the texting change and get unlimited texting to all your friends also.