Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Is Cingular a good idea to bring to the NY Metro area???

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by CellguyNY, Dec 11, 2001.

1. CellguyNY

CellguyNY Junior Member

I know everyone has heard the hype of cingular making its way up the east coast to NY. My problem is that when i research about there company all i find is negative findings from disgruntled customers. Very seldom do I see a good repore from any customer. I know they will be a competing GSM company but how good are they. I will appreciate the feedback guys thanks.

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    As a business customer for 2 years, I had no trouble on the West Coast with billing or customer service. However, I had a relative working as a contractor in their northern calif offices and it is unfortunately very true that there are many complaints. Billing, Customer Service and network issues are all involved. I remember one time when the whole network (all Calif) went down for about a day. Try conducting business where everyone you work with is on a cell company whose network has croaked.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ya know Kevin, I had BellSouth Mobility DCS a couple of years back before it become Cingular Wireless and it uses a GSM network. There was a similar problem to one day the entire network went down for almost a full day! I would have to say that given my expereince with BellSouth they are actually pretty good I had good coverage with them for the most part and the south part of the US has good GSM coverage. Voice quality and customer service was good too. The Only thing I had to say about them that is bad is when you got up in VA area the coverage is very spotty. I travled from Kingsport, TN to Myrtle Beach, SC which is about an 8 hour drive and nearly all the way I would say 7.5 hours I picked up a digital signal on there network usually maximium signal and that was over 2 years ago I am sure by now they have even improved there. I did have a billing error with them one month they only charged me $5 and some change for service lol and they never caught it I can't complain about them I actually really liked my service with them. Now they are Cingular Wireless though but it seems like the southern GSM market things pretty much look the same minus some new rate plans and such.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

One more thing that I forgot to meantion though even though I had good service with them my other friends who had the service did complain about the coverage sometimes. I also remember a friend saying he got a pretty rude response from a customer service agent so I would have to agree with Kevin that even though I didn't have any problems with them I have heard complaints and problems with them. More so then some of the other providers I think. Most of my friends canceled there service actually when there free incoming calls ran out in 2000 or shortley there after.