Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Is Cicuit City going to start selling Verizon plans?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by JH, Jul 27, 2003.

1. JH

JH New Member

I have heard that starting in August, CC will be phasing out Sprint and will start to offer Verizon.

Truth, rumour, lie?

If it is true, I wonder what kind of phone deals they will have, as they sure do have a lot of buying power.

2. Codepyro

Codepyro Senior Member

its true.. CC will sell only t-mobile and verizon...

3. Rasputin

Rasputin Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple Iphone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon
    So they are getting rid of ATT and Sprint then?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yes, and TM will no longer be sold in Besy Buy either.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    im glad to hear they are changing. verizon needs a "big box" retailer, it iwll help them with sales. cc right now has like 3 phones total.

its too bad that best buy isnt going to sell tmobile anymore though.

6. PADutchman

PADutchman Senior Member

Verizon stores don't need CC or anyone else selling. This only creates animosity within the company.
    Now, VZN store employees can fight with Radio Shack and CC customers who bought phones there.
    It's crazy. Stupid A** greedy VZN..........their own stores, plus I Net sales are their best outlet, plus, it allows the sales reps to at least attempt to make a decent living. Just more $$ to line 'ole Ivans pockets.

7. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Somewhat true, I can imagine the fights when one buys something at RS/CC and Verizon refuses to fix it. However, Verizon has done a GREAT job in adding people considering you cannot buy Verizon at many places. Maybe Verizon can add even more people with CC, and hopefully lower some of those phone prices. I am sorry, some of those cheap phones should be free.

8. twopiece

twopiece D'oh!!

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I agree. A friend of mine bought a Samsung A310 from RS and it died completely one day. Verizon refused to fix it and RS sent it out telling him it would take 6 weeks. I've joked with him that RS shipped it to Korea to have it fixed.

9. PADutchman

PADutchman Senior Member

It would just be nice to see VZN really stand behind their employees. In my area, they had 2 company stores but closed one. The one that remains is packed much of the time at peak times, in a mall environment.

My guess is stores like CC BB and so on, just make it too inviting for VZN to pass up.
    Undoubedtly, it is purely greed driven, and I imagine the "deals" they make w/each other are quite creative.

Yes, they have some of the cheapest phones out there. I'm not sure some of the ones being sold now will last through a 2 yr contract under daily use. It has been suggested to me that this is the plan. A phone life / usable life, of 2 years. I don't know.
    For a 2 yr commitment, some "free" should be offered.

10. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I totally agree PADutchman! Most of the phones will break in 35 months or so, forcing the person to buy at full retail. I just like the security of a one year deal, new phone and new plan, with the possibility of switching if I need to.

11. Rasputin

Rasputin Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple Iphone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon
    Very well put, I have seen you posting quite a lot over at howard's. I upgrade too much to worry about having a phone fixed.

12. mcf04581

mcf04581 Senior Member

My Phone:
    T-Mobile SDA
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless
    I can say that this whole CC thing really irks me. I remember when best buy used to sell Verizon, actually it was airtouch, but in any case we had alot of problems with them. Its the same thing with radioshack. The one thing I am glad about is that while we can help with service issues, if you buy a phone from a reseller, you have to get it repaired at a reseller. Oh well, that free DVD player you get when signing up will keep you busy when your phone is sent out for six weeks to be repaired!

13. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    Perhaps Verizon will change their policy now and make it more like Sprint's. Sprint will provide warranty service on a phone no matter where it was purchased.

14. PADutchman

PADutchman Senior Member

After listening to the chief of VZN yesterday during a quarterly broadcast / update, I am totally convinced more than ever, their only goal is to make tons of money for a handful of people.
    I wouldn't look for any policy changes from them on this matter. Sprint is being quite generous if they will repair or replace a phone you bought at R.S.

15. myguyswireless

myguyswireless Junior Member

you should read the newest wireless weekly there is a good art in there about this and CC will be carring Ver

16. DeathRider

DeathRider Member

My Phone:
    LG Dare
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I guess they don't make anything like they used to. If my seatbelt didn't rip the # key off my Sony, I would probably still be using it[​IMG]

I've only gone to Verizon stores for my phones, except for my first phone. My first phone, the Nokia 918, was purchased through a reseller at a computer show. The reseller subsidized my phone. Every 3 months I would get a check from them to offset my monthly bill[​IMG]

I don't see why VZW needs CC to peddle more contracts.

Has anyone seen a TM store? There is one here in Framingham, Ma...Now we have a Cingular, AT&T, Verizon, and a TMobile, all within 5 miles of each other.

17. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    Here in Columbus we have Verizon, Nextel, Sprint, Cingular, T-mobile, and ATT stores within about 1/4 mile of each other. It makes it nice when comparison shopping.

18. JH

JH New Member

Can you provide a link or post the article?

I still think that I will buy my next phone from the Verizon store just because they will give me a loaner if mine craps out.

19. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    In manhatan 23rd street is were fifth avenue and Broadway crosss. ( 5th runs straight North south, Broadway runs diagonaly south so you have itersections like 34th and 6th were braoday crosses.)

Anyway, ATT, corner of 24th and Broadway. Sprint PCS, corner of 23rd were broadway and fifth avenue cross. Tmobile, 5th avenue between 22nd and 23rd, across the street from Sprint PCS. Verizon wireless, fifth avenue between 20th and 21st street.

Can we say cell phone alley? [​IMG]

20. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    What I meant earlier is most cheap phones break in 1.5 years not 35 months, I have no idea what the crap I was thinking. Rasputin yeah I have been at Hofo alot more though I enjoy it here so much more! I have had a lot of free time lately. Would you like your name changed? I saw you complain about forgetting the 'j', PM Anthromatt or some mod--I am sure they can make it happen. I leave for SC in 3 hours (I need some sleep!) so I cannot help. Cya

21. JH

JH New Member

Well, like planned, CC is selling Verizon service now. They have the A310 for $99 - $50 rebate. Very little fanfare for a brand new marketing plan. And to top it off, they are selling an out of date phone.

22. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    CC also introduced T-Mobile as well. IIRC, the R225 was free, as was the Motv66. I think the 3650 was $100, andthe V205 was either $150 or $100....both good prices on those last phones, probably only beat by Amazon.

23. Q

Q Junior Member

The a310 is not the only VZW phone being sold by CC. Take a look at CC's circular from the sunday newspapers. You will see that CC is selling many different models, including the a530 at a very good price (w/ contract): $199 with $100 in rebates (2 $50 mail ins) for total cost of $99 - this is presently better than the corp stores are giving out.....

Competitive pricing???? This can't be VZW.........

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.