Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Is Blackberry Desperate?

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices for All Other Operating Systems' started by KevinJames, Jan 14, 2015.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    I read a number of online mobile industry news sites. One of them has a Blackberry ad immediately following every single article. But it is more than a mere ad, it is an infomercial article. I've gotten sucked into reading a few of these, believing I was reading a review before I paid attention to the title and realized it was a sponsored article directly from Blackberry.

I know that they are struggling (to put it mildly) in the market, but their efforts seem absolutely desperate. The latest is an endorsement from a public figure. Now, everyone does that, but Blackberry doesn't cite the any outstanding reasons why that personage uses the device. Very vague and unqualified benefits are cited.

What do you think? Is Blackberry desperate for attention, desperate for sales, desperately gasping for breath and life?

(BTW, I am humored by the fact that this is the first post in this forum--"All Other OS." To me it just proves how (sadly) dead Blackberry is.)

2. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO)
    I just created this 'All Others' forum a couple of days ago; thanks for kicking it off.

As for your question about Blackberry...Yes, I would say they are grasping for a branch as they fall down through the tree that they once sat near the top of.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    My short answer - yes Blackberry is desperate.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    If they're not, they should be.

5. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    A little bit of good news for BlackBerry:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/28/business/blackberry-q4-earnings.html?_r=0

BlackBerry has some new phones coming out this year, but doubtful if any of them will bring the sales they need to really turn things around. Altho I ready to be first in line to buy this BB10 slider (shown at MWC) if/when it comes out this year

[​IMG]

They seem to focusing on their security software, and been cooperating with Samsung (the curved glass edges on the above phone also seems to be coming from Samsung)

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102508436

If BB outsources and relies less on their phones, and focuses more on the QNX and security software, they may well come out of this transformation looking good.

charlyee likes this.