Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

IRS scam active again

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by KevinJames, Dec 8, 2016.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Just to let you all know: 516-243-1706 is the infamous IRS lawsuit scam. I immediately told them they were scammers and told them to remove my number. They didn't and called back 2 hours later. Boy, were they ever in for a surprise. I called them back repeatedly over 20 minutes and called them scammers. They hung up every time. Finally, they stopped answering their line. That didn't stop me. I kept calling to prevent them from dialing out.

Please feel free to harass these losers. Call them repeatedly. Tell them they are scammers. Then continue calling for at least 10 minutes. Make them squirm.

P.S. I finally blocked that number but I'm sure they'll fake a new one soon. :notworthy:(n)

palandri likes this.
  2. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
  3. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    @palandri: What did the inmate want? What was the scam? I read the link you provided but most just said it was an inmate at a jail but didn't indicate what they were calling about.

palandri likes this.
  4. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    I actually thought it was you. I figured you tried to bring your Note 7 on a plane and they put you in the pokey.

5. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Oh, not at all. I don't even have that device. If they were going to arrest me it would be on principle -- I'm just to ugly to be in confined quarters with others. LOL (The effect of my bone marrow failure has affected my immune system and I'm development ugly sores all over my body.)

palandri likes this.