Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Ipod data gone. Help!

Discussion in 'Other Smartphones and Mobile Operating Systems' started by AshRae84, Jan 10, 2006.

1. AshRae84

AshRae84 ...Formerly YourDream84

My Phone:
    iPhone5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (The New AT&T)
    Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonZ520a/R3C Browser/SEMC-Browser/4.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I have a big problem. I got the video ipod for Christmas. Ive been working on loadin songs for the past few weeks. I awoke this morning ejected my ipod. Got to my car and my 2,000 songs are gone! Help.
    :-(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    You have copies on your hard drive, right?

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AshRae84

My Phone:
    iPhone5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (The New AT&T)
    Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonZ520a/R3C Browser/SEMC-Browser/4.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Nope. Keeping all that on my comp lags it hard. I was kinda using the ipod as an external hard drive. Apparently a big mistake. I just dont understand how it can all just disappear?!

4. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer

My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I learned a similar lesson a few years back. My hard drive crashed and I lost a lot of my digital pictures. I was able to recover the ones that dad had copied to his computer, but everything else was lost. Now I don't delete pics from my camera until I've copied them to at least 2 computers.

-Jay

5. AshRae84

My Phone:
    iPhone5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (The New AT&T)

Well apparently A file corrupted and I had to do a complete restore and start over. I dont know how to back it up tho. I dont have 60 gigs on my hard drive. I guess I just pray it doesnt happen again.

6. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well, I would suggest buying an external USB 2.0 HD.

Best Buy and Circuit City usually have them on sale every weekend. That way, you can copy over things that you want to keep, and in the event that this does happen again, you will have everything that you want to keep backed up. That is why I have an external hd. ;)