Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

iPhone Power Adapter Recall

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by charlyee, Sep 22, 2008.

1. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    iPhone Power Adapter Recall
    By Wireless Week Staff
    WirelessWeek - September 22, 2008

Apple is recalling compact USB adapters for the iPhone 3G because the prongs can break inside wall outlets, the company said late last week.

“Apple has determined that under certain conditions the new ultracompact Apple USB power adapter's metal prongs can break off and remain in a power outlet, creating a risk of electric shock… Users with ultracompact power adapters should immediately stop using them,” Apple said in a statement.

The adapters were sold with the smartphone in the United States, Canada, Japan, Mexico and several Latin American countries. Customers can see if their iPhone is affected here.

No injuries were reported and customers can still charge their phones with the non-compact plug or through a computer’s USB connector. Aftermarket adapters are not affected.

Apple will issue replacement adapters as of Oct. 10 online and at Apple stores. Customers must return their old adapters.

Source:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AshRae84

AshRae84 ...Formerly YourDream84

My Phone:
    iPhone5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (The New AT&T)
    Apple/AT&T (whichever) sent out Mass messages to the iPhone users (or at least to me) giving this information, which I thought was a nice gesture to let us know about it.

I haven't had any problems with mine thus far, but since they sent out the MMS I've just been charging mine by USB.

~*Ash*~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. spleck

spleck Tool

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5 VZW
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    They're supposed to send my new adapter out and include return packaging for the old one.

I'm curious what the consequences of not returning it would be? I, ahem, umm, mine broke already and I threw it away... yeah, that's it, yeah. :)