Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

iPhone is AT&T's top selling phone

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by Fire14, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    IPhone Becomes AT&T's Top Seller

The latest Strategy Analytics data from its ProductTRAX program projected that nearly 1.1 million units were delivered to US consumers through the combined AT&T and Apple outlets during Q3, totaling 1.325 million units since the iPhone was launched in late Q2.

"The iPhone has become AT&T's top selling device, commanding some 13 percent of AT&T's overall handset sales, and the 4th top selling handset in the US market," according to Barry Gilbert, VP of the Strategy Analytics BuyerTRAX programs.

"Although the iPhone hasn't had an expansionary impact in the market, the iPhone has quickly assumed a leading market share position and raised the ante for smart devices," according to Mr. Gilbert. "The sales trajectory we are observing with the iPhone could make it the top selling device in the US over the next 1-2 quarters."

Currently, the top selling handset in the US continues to be Motorola's RAZR V3, however, this appears to be losing momentum as new and more competitive models that erode both its share and popularity are being introduced. ProductTRAX research notes that the top 10 handset models account for approximately 25 percent of total handset sales in a typical quarter despite an increasing number of device offerings.

"The typical iPhone buyer is upwardly mobile, college educated with a six-figure household income," according to David Kerr, Vice President of the Strategy Analytics Global Wireless Practice. "While the largest percentage of iPhone buyers is between 20-30 years old, the fact that nearly 25 percent were between 50-60 years old demonstrates that the device attracts buyers across a broad age spectrum." Thus far, iPhone users are quite satisfied with phone design and features, however, they are slightly less enamored of actual iPhone reliability, battery life, documentation and customer support.

IPhone Becomes AT&T's Top Seller

2. T Sizzles

T Sizzles Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3G 8GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    I went to get an extended battery for my Blackjack and there were about 5 people getting iPhones at the corporate store.

3. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Ha and you know in the back f your mind which on is better lol.

4. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    That doesn't surprise me that the iPhone is their best selling phone. If you can't convince people to switch to your network with things other than a flashy phone, I guess you gotta offer the iPhone. ;)

*That was harsh, I know* :)

5. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Same here, there are always people at our local at&t store getting iPhones.
    LOL Andy, harsh?

Let's see how did at&t convince me, hmm it was either that at&t/Cingular/Ameritech has given me problem free perfect reception at my home, work & surrounding from the TDMA days, as opposed to Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile having no dependable service & USCC barely acceptable service, or the flashy phones. So what do you think, must be the flashy phones. huh?:D

Btw, I think you need to pay Ryan royalty fee for saying "flashy" phones, he used it first on a different thread.:D

Come on now, fess up, you didn't expect me to let that post go un-answered, did you? ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    You know I was just waiting for your response and I was trying to get you a little heated up there! :D
    I'm glad you jumped on the opportunity, and I have no arguments against you (for once). :D

7. Fred333

Fred333 Junior Member

My Phone:
    I would love an iPhone!
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have always like the iphone but did not know they were the biggest seller. It is a great phone though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

Wait a minute, you get her all worked up then just let her win at this point? Geez . I was really expecting more out of you on this Andy. :p :lmao:

For me it's definitely the service that got me sold, not the phones they are a bonus to me.

9. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Where is my money?

10. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Lol Andy and here I was waiting for you to get a little heated up yourself. How about the flip side, I signed up with Verizon for a "flashy phone", the Moto T720. I had the Nokia 5165 with Cingular & the Moto V66 with T-Mobile & the T720 was definitely "flashy" compared to those two. You know the rest of my long ordeal with Verizon for almost 5 years. The best thing that came out of it of course is WA and all my favorite forumite friends. :)
    Yeah, tell him Tom.:D
    I think you may just have to feel good that you coined a new phrase Ryan, seems like I have started to use it also.:)

To keep this thread on topic, I talked to the 2 corporate stores that I deal with and between them, 75% of the phones sold after it's launch have been iPhones.

11. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Forumite? Now that is a new word. And you coined it. Congratulations.

As to the topic: The big Corps. should just join in and let new companies like Vonage off with a reasonable financial settlement if there was infringement. The benevolent and wise PR thing to do is to let little guys alone and if they really want blood they can either under price them or buy them later.

#11 Jerro, Oct 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  12. Sailorcancer

Sailorcancer Member

My Phone:
    Moto Z XT1650-03
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Really doesn't surprise me.

Anyone remember those lines when it was first launched?

13. Particular

Particular Banned

My Phone:
    At&t Iphone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    At&t, sprint, T-mobile
    Thats because all of the apple computer dorks (like me:) ) have been waiting for apple computer's to come out with a phone. But then after two mounths it starts falling to crap:(

14. sbc

sbc Guest

I love my Apple Iphone, and happy to have it. It really puts the internet right in your pocket! I would not trade it for anything. Apple is really the 3rd biggest phone maker. And they only have 1 phone.

15. Steven R

Steven R New Member

Yeah... it is AT&T's top selling phone, thanks to Apple. Let AT&T not take all the credits.

AT&T has never released any cell phones in past that amazed anyone anyways, so yeah.. :biggrin:

16. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    What on earth are you talking about? AT&T (Cingular) was the first carrier to carry the Motorola V3. That was really the first carrier exclusive phone that really made an impact. Could you please elaborate, because what you just said does not make any sense.

-Jay