Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

iPhone Components

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by spleck, Jul 14, 2008.

1. spleck

spleck Tool

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5 VZW
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The iPhone parts breakdown in detail is at TechOnline.

The GPS is the Infineon 2525, which should be a very good chip with only the antennas being a limiting factor. Based on this older comparison, Infineon already had a smaller chip than competitors--the new 2525 is even smaller with better accuracy.

2. Ddeere2

Ddeere2 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS 16Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Wow, Infineon parts are used extensively throught the new iPhone. What I thought was weird was like the article said, one of the Infineon chips was a two chip part while others have a one part chip. It also noted that the PMB 2525 Hammerhead II chip is noted as a PMB 2520 Hammerhead I on the board. I thought that was weird.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. spleck

spleck Tool

My Phone:
    iPhone 5 VZW
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Although the 2520 was one of the smaller GPS chips, the 2525 is even smaller--its probably a good indicator that their using the 2525 despite the label.

4. hf1khal

hf1khal Who am I to judge

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    One thing that I noticed with their map and GPS, it sure lags a bit and goes of course. With the iphone's GPS the marker moves in bursts and not in a similar way as the way it moveson a BB which is constant movement. Hopefully a pure GPS solution (from the like of TomTom) will be released soo and will use the real capabilities of the GPS.

5. spleck

spleck Tool

My Phone:
    iPhone 5 VZW
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I noticed the lag too. It slows down and speeds up. I'm curious if its an issue with Google Maps,location based services, or the hardware GPS.