Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

iPhone + ATT Signup Question

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by 714tmobile, Nov 13, 2007.

1. 714tmobile

714tmobile Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Hello all,

I have a (hopefully) quick iPhone/ATT question...

First, if one wanted to 'test' the ATT network out in their area (for me, SoCal - Area Code 562 and 714) to see how the reception and call quality is, I can pick up a freebie and have 30 days to do so.

However, if I am to make the switch, I'd like to get an iPhone.

Therefore, since my iPhone is unsubsidized, I should be able to keep the freebie and if it all works out, get the iPhone too.

Will this work? I'd prefer to have the freebie as a spare in case the iphone ever needs to go in for service.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. rirwin

rirwin Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q9h Global
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Wireless from AT&T, Formerly Cingular
    no, it be best to go the prepaid route, 1 that will tell you how good at&t's own network is w/o roaming and 2 that will be the only way u can have a "spare" as u desire, u'll just go in and tell them u want to convert from pre to post paid witha iphone.

3. ATT GuY AG

ATT GuY AG New Member

My Phone:
    samsung blackjack 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    att
    yes you can do that.....first and for most in the 30 day trial ...if you try it out and are not happy then you return the phone and no contract fee is applied but you will have a bill for the useage during the trial.....second say u like the coverage and are happy, then you can keep the phone you got for the trial and your on contract for 24 months then you want to get the iphone...no problem you can do that...and keep your original phone you got with the contract....simply because the iphone is 399.99 now with or without contract....so yes give it a try worst senerio you have a 60.00 bill for one month of usage but at least you know how your coverage will be and your not locked in for 24 months any more ? let me know ....ag