Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

iPhone-AT&T

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by AshRae84, Sep 21, 2012.

1. AshRae84

AshRae84 ...Formerly YourDream84

My Phone:
    iPhone5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (The New AT&T)
    I keep hearing things via FB about how the data plans are changing for iOS6. I am on the grandfathered unlimited data plan. I checked my OLAM this morning, and it shows my data plan "expiring" in November...

I am very confused. Should I be worried? Can someone more intelligent on such matters help me out?

Thank you,
    Ash

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    "Last month, AT&T got back in the game of angering their iPhone customers by announcing they would allow FaceTime calls over 3G, (a new feature in iOS 6) but only if customers dropped their grandfathered unlimited data plans and jumped on one of their new, Mobile Share plans...."

AT&T Faces Net Neutrality Complaints - Technology News - redOrbit

3. AshRae84

AshRae84 ...Formerly YourDream84

My Phone:
    iPhone5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (The New AT&T)
    Are they going to force it on us?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    I don't know, but it kind of looks that way.

Keep in mind:

1. Carrier contracts are written by the carrier allowing them to basically change anything they want to change whenever they want to change it.

2. Your unlimited data plan really isn't an unlimited data plan any more. They will throttle your data if you go over 3GB of 3G data, or 5GB of LTE data in a month.