Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

iPhone 6 plus Unboxing and Review:

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by Eileen89, Oct 27, 2014.

1. JWA

JWA New Member

The Plus most definitely wouldn't just feel like a spec bump :).

I think that how well you'd like the 5.5" size might relate to your hand size. It looks like the 4.7" in my wife's hands is proportional to the 5.5" in mine. From that perspective, it makes a lot of sense for them to offer two sizes.

2. Eileen89

Eileen89 Bronze Senior Member

Looks like one did today. :D

Sent from my LTE 128GB iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

charlyee likes this.
  3. Eileen89

I don't think you can go by hand size necessarily as my 6 Plus is definitely larger than my hand and I have to stretch my fingers around the device in order to keep a good hold on it. However, for me that really doesn't matter. After exactly one week with my 6 Plus I still love everything about it, size and all. If I didn't find the FlipBelt I think my experience might not be as favorable since I excise with my iPhone with me at all times. Because of the 6 Plus size and not fitting in an arm band without having to remove the case all the time, the 6 Plus would not work too well for me in that respect. I agree with you about the Plus not feeling like just a spec bump. I think this is mostly due to the larger size and larger battery to go along with it. The 1080P screen also makes it much better for viewing Videos and browsing some web content within Safari.

4. Eileen89

True, I am keeping my regular 6 with my T-Mobile prepaid sim service. Also, I was thinking about selling my 6 Plus just before the new iPhones are announced next year and using the 6 as my daily driver until I get the new one. That's just me thinking ahead, though.
    Who knows, maybe I won't want the new iPhone next year, lol.

5. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    We are back to the 3/3.

One member with the 6 plus listed theirs on eBay.

It lost out to the Droid Turbo. :)

Sent from my 6/128/SG using Tapatalk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I am one who picked up a 6+. Last weekend I took a trip up to Portland to see if I could get one of the silver 128gb the Apple site said they had. When I arrived at the store there was a line wrapped half way around the store. From a nice lady in line I was told the line is only for full price off contract purchases, and told me to go talk to one of the geniuses by the door as buying on contract you could bypass the line. Indeed it was the case, and after checking the inventory I was able to reserve the grey 64GB version I really wanted.

So far I am really liking it. The battery is way better than the i5 I had, and my hand doesn't cramp up either. My only complaint so far it that it's too thin. I have a hard time holding it, even two handed it feels like it can slip at any moment. This with a Apple leather case on it too. I am comparing this to my Nokia 1520 which is a 6" phone. I have had my 1520 since last December, so this will probably be my daily driver until a 1520 successor comes along.

7. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    A new phone is always a pleasure to get and sharing good news here with the community just increases that "warm all over" feeling. I hope you enjoy your new phone. I've never been an Apple products enthusiast but that doesn't stop me from congratulating you. I hope it serves you well for however long you plan to keep it. (Some people like to upgrade more often than others. I'd like to do it annually but can no longer afford that.)

8. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Congratulations, Budney!
    KevinJames, spot on!

budney likes this.
  9. Eileen89

3 weeks later and I still love my 6 Plus. I think it's without a doubt the best smartphone I've had so far. Battery life, reception, and picture taking are 3 areas that I'm critical about when it comes to phones, and the 6 Plus definitely doesn't disappoint here. As far as the size and using it one handed, I'm totally comfortable with that now. It's still a bit of a stretch, but having long thin fingers helps a lot.
    One person asked me today after seeing me take my phone out of the front pocket of my skinny jeans, if I was worried about it bending, and I said, "no, should I be?" Lol :D if a person is that worried about how to carry around their cell phone they may as well not have it at all.

I'm giving my 6 Plus a 10/10. I wish Apple would have come out with the 6 Plus a long time ago. :)

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.

viewfly, charlyee and budney like this.
  10. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Glad you are enjoying that great iPhone .

11. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I too give my iPhone 6 a 10/10

So I shouldn't place my new iPad Air 2 between my jeans' pants and my back?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

budney likes this.
  12. JWA

JWA New Member

Yep, 10/10 from me too. It just works :).

budney and charlyee like this.
  13. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    What does, the 6. the 6 plus, or both? :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    9/10 here, as their is no such thing as a perfect phone.

viewfly and charlyee like this.
  15. JWA

JWA New Member

Oops, I missed that VF switched to the 6 with his comment. I was referring to my 6 Plus.

viewfly and charlyee like this.