Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

iPhone 5 on T-Mobile

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by Yugopro, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Yugopro

Yugopro Senior Member

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    #1 Yugopro, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Don't be so quick to think that. Neville Ray said that the next iPhone 5 could be compatible with AWS. Those were his words. He doesn't have any in with Apple to know that this would happen. It could happen if Apple decided to support the AWS band. He did not have some
    "in" with Apple to tell him that the next iPhone would have it. Unless Apple decides to support the AWS band it's not going to happen. And just like Sprint T-Mobile would have to pony up a lot of advance money to Apple to have an agreement in place to market the next iPhone 5 or whatever the model might be that T-Mobile would be selling if in fact the AWS band was supported.

3. Yugopro

Yugopro Senior Member

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    I never said that T-Mo would market an iphone.
    Subsidizing an iphone is very expensive.
    I said that the iphone 5 would have a chipset that would cover Advanced Wireless Services. Hear is the reason why from something called Extreme Tech.

If the iPhone 5 uses a Skyworks LPIA for 3G again [like in the 4S], it would probably use the Skyworks 77602 LPIA, which supports UMTS 850/900/1700/1900/2100 and CDMA 850/1700/1900/2100. Already, the iPhone 4S uses a custom unit and separate power amplifiers for HSPA+ and CDMA2000, which it shouldn’t have to. Using this unified LPIA would allow Apple a little more room to put something else on it, like an LTE power amplifier. If the next iPhone does use the above mentioned Skyworks LPIA, then it will also work on MetroPCS and Cricket’s AWS CDMA networks as well as T-Mobile’s AWS HSPA+ network.

4. Yugopro

Yugopro Senior Member

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    I received an email from t-mo today saying that as of April 5th I should curtail data roaming. I did not know I could data roam.

I think they are getting ready for the AT&T data roaming agreement from the breakup.

This is probably related to the refarming of 1900 pcs.

I do not think T-Mo will sell and subsidise the iphone but they will make their network compatible to those people who use an iphone.

5. Eileen89

Eileen89 Bronze Senior Member

I'm not sure if T-Mobile will get the iPhone 5 or not. I would like to see them get it, though. As I think it would be good on their network eventually once they roll out their LTE network. Having the iPhone spread out over 4 wireless carriers here in the US will definetlly cut down on the network congestion .

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3