Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

iPhone 3G questions

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by TWX, Jul 21, 2008.

1. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Hey everybody,

I have few more questions about the iPhone 3G.

My father is driving to southern Michigan (he will be down there for 5 days on a trip) on this comming wednesday, and the plan is for him to stop at the Ann Arbor Apple store and buy the iPhone 3G and get it activated. But this is the question, if my father gets the iPhone activated at the store and immediatley after he gets it back from the Apple employee turns it off, will this still disconnect my BlackBerry from at&t immediatley? Or will I be able to use my BlackBerry until he returns on sunday.

Otherwise I have to drive over to the at&t store in Gaylord (2 hours driving time) on wednesday or thursday and do a Direct Fufilment for a iPhone 3G, and then drive all the way back, then once it gets to delivered to the at&t store drive all the way back to Gaylord and pick it up.

Thanks everybody and have a great week :)

2. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    I think it will take out your blackberry if you plan on using the same plan for the iphone.

The Sim card has its own seriel or IMSI number plus your MDN (phone number) and the IMEI of the phone. I would have you dad ask if they will let you activate at home on itunes like alot of others have had to. Once you activate the iphone the network will be looking for a combination of the 3 numbers above.

3. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Curve 8310: BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.44 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Thanks RadioFoneGuy, I'll have him ask the Apple Employees if we can activate it online.

4. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well I called the Apple store in Briarwood near Ann Arbor, and I explained the situation to them, but they could have cared less, they just said no matter what it has to be activated in the at&t or Apple retail store. So I'm getting ready to drive to the at&t store in Petosky to fill out the Direct Fufilment paperwork, and then hope that my iPhone gets here by the end of the year, lol.

5. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well it's official, I drove to Petoskey this afternoon and did a direct fufilment for a 16GB Black iPhone, they said it would take 10-22 days to be delivered :eek:. I hope not.

6. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    Dont you have a store in Alpena?

7. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yes, but they don't sell the iPhone :(

I have no idea why, but I called and asked, they just said we wanted to stay out of that mess. LOL

8. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yeah, the policy is strictly enforced that all iPhones have to be fully activated at the stores. Once it is activated, your Blackberry will stop working immediately.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.