Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

WEST U.S. -- iPad on Cincinnati Bell? Possible?

Discussion in 'All Other Wireless Companies' started by drakerehfeld, Jan 20, 2011.

1. drakerehfeld

drakerehfeld Guest

I HATE At&t. I just HATE them. The coverage is horrible in my area. Is there any way to use the iPad on Cincinnati Bell? They cover better, and how would I unlock my iPad? How would i buy only a SIM with only DATA from them? Is this at all possible? I also want unlimited data, which they offer for only $29.99!

Thanks.

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    The iPad is not tied to any carrier so it is not locked, nor does it require any kind of contract. You'd have to check with Cincy Bell as to whether it would work on their network. I can't see why it wouldn't but you'd have to ask them to be sure and if there is any kind of configuration required.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. drakerehfeld

drakerehfeld Guest

I would love to get the ipad on cincinnati because they offer the unlimited data, but i just found out that where i live i use their AT&T network... so, the frequencies should work, right?

i just need the sim. Do you think i could order one over the phone from them? I only want DATA tho,

4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    You'd have to check with Cincy Bell about their frequencies, SIM's, and data plans.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    It wouldn't work with Cincinnati Bell Wireless since their UMTS uses 1700/2100 Mhz.