Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple iOS bug: phone restarts continuously

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by viewfly, Dec 5, 2017.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    My wife’s iPhone 8plus got hit with this yesterday. My old iPad on iOS 11.1 was okay. I had already updated my 7plus.

And it started after the December 2 date!

Took me time to understand and find this service update. I was ready to take the phone to the Genius Bar.

Her phone was restarting every 20 seconds. I mean it would crash back to the home screen, requiring Touch ID or code to reopen. It seems related to Notifications, since turning that off made the iPhone stable.

The 11.2 update fixed all. I had thought it mainly was an update for iPhone X. NOT!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1 viewfly, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    dmapr and charlyee like this.
  2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I had updated all 3 of my devices right away, although initially I did think it was a spam or some such thing - a Saturday update?

None of them faced any problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 23 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Had no problems with any of my devices, fortunately.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I have to admit, that I was up to speed on this one. Bug discovered Dec 2, fix on the same day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro