Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Apple iOS 12. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by viewfly, Sep 24, 2018.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I automatically got iOS 12 with my new iPhone XS. Plus I did a refresh and got a new iPad. ( not to mention a Series 4, Apple Watch, oh, did I just mention that?).

So maybe I’m mixing the XS with iOS 12 in some things, but the iPad still has the old finger print button.

So I am liking 12, quite a bit. Not to mention being a big fan of Face ID.

Others?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2. dmapr

dmapr Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    So far haven't noticed any differences between iOS 12 and iOS 11 aside from after a week I got a notification saying my average screen time use was 1 minute. I think I saw something in the release notes about iOS 12 adding the capability to monitor your usage and report on your [supposedly unhealthy] habits of staring at the phone all day long.

3. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I like iOS 12 as well. There are some useful features added for the notifications etc.

However, iOS 12 hasn’t added anything dramatic on my X, just made it smoother and more efficient.

The 6s shows marked improvement in speed and battery usage, as does the iPad, so it seems like the older devices benefited more.

The only thing I wish Apple had not changed is the new battery screen and also I have no use for the screen time information.

All in all it is a good update.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 charlyee, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    kjo and viewfly like this.
  4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 24 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I like iOS 12 much better than 11. Especially with Shortcuts. The ability to create automated actions is awesome and have them run through various ways. If for this alone, iOS 12 is miles better that 11, as far as I'm concerned.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    viewfly likes this.
  5. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    So far I like it. Liked it better after they fixed the keyboard emoji and number icon on the iPad. Was driving me nuts! Ha

viewfly likes this.