Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Internet on phones?

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Bluetorch, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Bluetorch

Bluetorch New Member

Hey everyone,

I am interested in eventually upgrading to a phone w/internet capabilities or a PDA/wireless phone. It seems reasonable to have internet on a PDA/phone, but do you have feedback on using internet on regular wireless phones. It seems like it would be frustrating to use internet on such a small screen.

Also, do you think AT&T will have PDA/wireless phones soon? I'm guessing they will offer it with their GSM services.

2. xxanderx

xxanderx New Member

I'm almost positive that att will offer wireless internet service on their gsm network when they rollout gsm here in the bay area. i know that they have it available in the other gsm areas. it's part of there whole mlife thing. i'm waiting for the sept. 12th gsm start here in SF to switch over to an gsm/gsrp phone so i can take advantage of it. i can't wait to get a t68i.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

is there information online about the rollout of GSM? charges on internet use seem to vary a great deal from carrier to carrier. sprint uses time spent "online" and deducts from monthly minutes whereas at&t's pocketnet was unlimited. just scrolling through a page of news can take a couple of minutes with the poor ui designs of nokia phones.

4. xxanderx

xxanderx New Member

atts new gsm network will be using gsrp, a packet system, and they will charge be the amount of data transfered, not time used - essentially you have an always on connection, and you are only charged for how much data you transfer. i think atts rate plans are something like so many dollars for so many mb per month with a charge for each kb over that.