Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Internet connection problems

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by leasal, Sep 22, 2008.

1. leasal

leasal New Member

Recently I have been having problems maintaining an internet connection with Alltel, and with very slow connection speeds when I am able to maintain the connection. I am using an air card with my laptop and or router. The air card is a starcom 5750 and the router is the Kryorcera KR1 I signed up for service last October and was very happy up untill the last few months, as in the beginning it was much faster than the dial up that I had. Somthing has changed since I signed up and I am not getting any satisfactory answers from Altel. they have tried to blame it on my computer or my router. One tec told me I am between two towers and should not be having a problem. another told me I am in a fringe area. I can see the lights of three towers from my home. It does not seem to matter whether connect with the air card directly in the laptop or if I connect through my network with the card in the router. Alltel sent out a tech who sat in front of my house and had no trouble connecting with the same aircard, so they tell me. a friend of mine in the area has the same troulbe with a different air card, but my next door neighbor has no problem, using his phone tethered , and an older version of the software than I am using. I don't buy the problem with my computer explaination as I am a computer repair tech and I have serveral computers on site as well as my coustomers computers that come in and out, and when I do an online speed test the results are comparable on all of them. Alltel sent me an antena kit, but it does not help. Today the fasted download speed Iget is 527kbps upload is 60 kbps. Any help would be appreciated.

2. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

How many bars of reception do you get around your house?