Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Internal Antennas

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by none1, Apr 21, 2002.

1. none1

none1 New Member

Does anyone know if internal antennas actually provide that "four foot" antenna they are suppose to? Or do they even actually improve signal strength? Cause where I live, I barely or don't even get a signal.

2. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

This question has been asked many times in this forum and the answer is always no...................check out this last post that me and Kevin responded to.

KevinJames

Phone(s): Panasonic Allure
    Past: Nokia ATT (tdma) & Cingular (gsm)
    Past: LG TM510 on Verizon
    Providers: att

Saturday April 20, 2002 10:49 PM

For the gazillion and oneth time, No! they don't work. (Click on "No" to read other threads.)

I did, though, find your post's wording rather interesting. One person tested reception using technical field testing equipment. Their findings were so marginal that they could be read either way (which each camp rallies on). However, the facts of the testing prove that they positively do not give an "considerable" enhancement to signal.

So the ads that claim "I had no signal and now I have full power," are false advertising. That is unless the phrasing of the ad itself was purposely word crafted. In that case, you could argue that the battery had full power after it was charged. But to mislead the public into thinking that the "power" being spoken of was signal strength is deceptive at best.

-------------------------
    "Wireless Communications" (sometimes an oxymoron, sometimes not.)
    My EMail & Website

Edited: Saturday April 20, 2002 at 10:58 PM by KevinJames

Reply Quote Top Bottom Edit

Wayne

Phone(s): Kyocera 6035
    Last LG-510
    Prior Startac 7868
    Providers: Verizon Wireless Since 1994

Sunday April 21, 2002 10:56 AM

This is a cheaper alt.

Go get a posty note.............draw a picture on it...............stick it to the back of your phone.

That is the $19.99 customizable antenna booster for your phone**

(**All products or ideas are sole property of Wayne C. Pattison Jr. and is not licensed to be copied, reproduced, or resold without the proper arthorization. 5 day or 5 second gurantee. No refunds. WARNING: This item may cause death, stomach contractions, hearing problems, blindness, baldness, and in worse case..........having service switched to MCI**) Copyrighted 2002

-------------------------
    Wayne

"Hail to the King Baby!"
    and
    "Party on Dudes!"