Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Interesting email reply

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by TWX, Dec 18, 2008.

1. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    A few days ago I sent an email to Verizon Wireless's network/coverage department to notify them of the absolute horrible coverage in Rogers City, and with the soon-to-be Verizon Network up here, I told them that it would be a good idea to scope out an area for a cell site in the city limits of Rogers City. I never thought to even get an email back, but interestingly enough, I did. This is what it said:

"Dear Travis,

Good evening. We value your feedback and appreciate your taking the time to share it with us. My name is Araceli and I am here to assist.

Mr. Peltz, I have sent a copy of your e-mail to our Real Estate Department. They will be able to look into the Rogers City area for potential coverage. Please continue to visit our website at Enter your location as coverage in this area may become available in the future.

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless, we appreciate it. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Araceli
    Customer Service
    Verizon Wireless"

I'm hoping that this actually starts up or helps to start a new cell site project for Rogers City. Most of you might remember me complaining about the horrible CDMA service I had with Alltel back in the day, well it hasn't improved at all, and they are still bleeding customers over here like crazy. I just want to see some more competition over here because right now at&t has a much stronger network than Alltel.

Do you think this email will even start anything, or is this rep just blowing hot air to make me think that they really care about the issue.

Thanks,
    Alien.

2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I never emailed CS regarding coverage, but I find that Verizon is quite industrious in their buildouts in the SE, particularly in the rural areas. In the rural parts of the Florida panhandle, for instance, they threw up sites along Hwy 98 between Crawfordville and Panama City... they also placed some sites along I-10 west of Marianna to just past Bonifay, areas where Verizon only roamed on Alltel and Sprint. They built out their own south Georgia network years after roaming on Alltel in the area...

I think that they will continue to improve areas once the divestitures end and the systems are merged. I hope they fix that mess in Marianna (nothing really works on 231 north of I-10 except T-Mobile:eek:)... Things will eventually look up un Rogers City but in the meanwhile, enjoy AT&T:biggrin:

I see that Verizon has a PCS license in that area, I don't know anything about buildouts, but usually, if Verizon has a license, they will eventually build it out. Maybe there is a hush hush buildout despite the merger. If they started building out the area before the merger talks, they will likely complete it. At least that's what happened in my neck of the woods.
    It may take a while though LOL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Resurrecting this thread, but I can now confidently say that Verizon Wireless has a piece of property for a 200-foot Monopole tower in Rogers City. They sent out some people recently and staked off the perimeter of the area that the tower structure and equipment will occupy. I also asked Verizon's PR Rep for the Michigan, Indiana, Ohio area about the tower construction in RC. She replied with "We do plan to build a site in Rogers City, but there is no ETA."

Interestingly enough, 3 hours after I asked her this question, an interesting press release was published.

"03/03/2011

CHEBOYGAN, MI — Verizon Wireless has activated three new cell sites in northeast Michigan that improve voice and data coverage in Afton, Cheboygan and Hammond and along the following major roads:

U.S. Highway 23 coastline from Cheboygan to Rogers City;
    Michigan Road 68 between Indian River and Onaway;
    North Ocqueoc Road, south of U.S. Highway 23 to North Allis Highway;
    all of Town Hall Road west of Hammond;
    Michigan Road 33 about four miles north of Afton;
    and all of Afton and Pigeon River roads, west of Afton and south of Michigan Road 68.

The new cell sites, each of which are equipped with a permanent backup generator for times of emergency, enable more Verizon Wireless customers to rely on their wireless devices for social networking, Internet browsing, downloading apps and music, exchanging email and text, picture and video messages, watching high-quality videos and making calls."

Now I wait for construction. Which I think will start in late spring once the ground thaws.

1 person likes this.
  4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Glad to hear... sad that it took 2 years. I guess it's better late than never ;) Southern Georgia/North Florida languished for years before the Alltel acquisition (and before VZW's PCS buildout) as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    It did take quite awhile, but I'm very happy for the VZW customers who are about to get a massive boost in signal.

PS: Just followed you on Twitter Quint, I'm @travispeltz

6. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cool... just followed back. Perhaps I can use some photography tips after some horrendous pics I took over the weekend LOL; that is a topic for the OT thread :)

7. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Just an update:

Got a call from a Verizon Wireless COR store manager in Alpena with more information on the new cell site for Rogers City, MI. This past Friday she went to a network conference where they were briefed on network updates and other things. I called a few weeks ago to ask if she could get more information on the cell site. She asked the network engineers at the conference and told me that the Rogers City cell site is #1 in the entire state of Michigan to get put up in 2011 and it was top priority. She couldn't tell me an ETA, but mentioned that with all the pressure to get the site up, construction should start extremely soon. So with that nice bit of info, I think the cell site will be live around end of July or late June.