Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Inter Carrier messaging update

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by IdiOTeQnoLogY, Apr 3, 2002.

1. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

on april 1st Sprint (I think other carriers as well) opened up their networks to inter-carrier text messaging.
    I personally have sent text messages from my sprint phone to friends who are NEXTEL and VOICESTREAM customers and they were received promptly....anybody who has other experiences please share them so to find out how well the system is workin

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Yes, just yesterday I received a msg from a Verizon user to my ATT phone. If fact, I'm glad you mentioned it. I forgot to reply.

3. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It works to/from VS to Cingular TDMA too.... and I've also sent to AT&T TDMA (both of these carriers' GSM systems should have supported SMS previously anyway...)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

When I send from my Voicestream phone by just typing the number; it is really, really delayed.

5. Dukedog

Dukedog Senior Member

Sometimes the carriers have a delay in the switch , doing those times you can recieve your messages late , and activation backed up , for up to 1 to 24hrs in any given market at given time. Sometime the system get to clutter and slows down. that why.

6. wxram

wxram Junior Member

Hi all, glad to be part of the forum. Does anybody know if Nextel allows inter-carrier messaging?

7. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Not that I am aware of....................

8. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

They are delayed all of the time, unless with AT&T; I keep a message in my inbox and keep replying that way, then it goes fast. With Sprint PCS; I just do it as an email, because when I type the number, it takes like a day for them to receive it.

9. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Our standard time.........................5-30 sec after sending it with over 90% success!!!!