Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Inside information on Sprint requested

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Jebus, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Jebus

Jebus New Member

Hello everyone,

My question is a bit unusual and not the type of thing most people would be able to respond to, I think, but let me ask it anyway. I was wondering whether anyone knows how long Sprint will be offering their current rate plans. I do intend to switch to Sprint, but I would like to do this in a few months time. Currently, I am on a cycle, and have been for several months, that ends at the end of December. (For some reason, I decided to first get a cell-phone on New Year's Eve.) I would like to end this practice and begin a contract in either February or March.

Thanks in advance.

Jebus.

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I believe they end with the year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jjdu4

jjdu4 Junior Member

Our bulletins we get each week keep saying the holiday promos are to be continued through Jan 31st.

4. ScandaLEX

ScandaLEX Senior Member

This was taken from Sprint's website: Holiday Promos

This special holiday offer ends December 31, 2002. One-year PCS Advantage Agreement required.

5. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

this is not inside information at all. it is posted clearly on the rate plans.

the rate plans out now say they will be available through January 31st 2003 (this is for the national plans not the area wide plans in some parts of the country- for example in the California/Nevada market I think there is the $40/1000 ANytime minute plan with $10+ month for Unlimited N&W)

The rebates out now are listed through December 31st 2002.

6. Jebus

Jebus New Member

IdiOTeQnoLogY,

I thank you for the inference that I am not capable of reading, or at least comprehending what I have read. Perhaps I should explain my request a bit further for those who did not quite understand it the first time around by way of a short tale.

Some time ago, there was a lovely promotion being offered by a company that provides mobile phone services. In all the advertisements, representatives for the company said that the promotion would end on December 31. Taking this hint quite seriously, a man scurried to the nearest store selling products of the aforementioned provider. After pausing for a short sigh of relief, the man stopped and congratulated himself on a job well done.

A few weeks later, our hero was walking through town and happened to notice the same outlet that he had purchased his marvel of technology from advertising the very same promotion he had been led to believe, by the store's intelligence headquarters, would end on December 31. More than a little curious, the man walked into the store and asked if the promotion was still in fact available. To his surprise, it was. More so, he was told by a recruit of the company that it was always intended to run for an additional two months; "they only give false deadlines to pressure people to sign-up at certain times," the rather large man said. This left our hero feeling somewhat belittled. Here he was thinking he struck while the iron was hot, but in actual fact, the iron was not even plugged-in.

The moral of this story is that you should always ask someone in the "know" how long a said deal will be available before congratulating yourself on a job well done.

Not being one to ignore the moral of a story, especially one as exciting as this, I decided to speak-out in a place where it is likely that there will be at least one person in the know to find an answer to the eternal question, "How long is it good for?" Not being psychic, or an employee of Sprint PCS, I would consider this inside information.

So if there is someone who truly knows how long it is good for, please, let me know.

(Thank you to those who did respond with useful information.)

7. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

pardon if you took me wrong. I wasnt implying you didnt know how to read. I was simply trying to say that it is not 'insider information' but rather information to be shared with anyone. the dates are in the very small print on the back of the rate plans yes but understandably most people dont read every word of small print on advertisements nowadays- believe me I dont lol or else that is all I would do all day. I was just trying to say that the info is for the public to know and not anything proprietary. this doesnt mean that the plans will not be extended past that date..........however being that that information is known only to certain employees of the company (not I) then that would be considered insider info.

8. Gman

Gman Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Epic 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Ending dates of promotions can be changed or extended if the carriers feel it meets their sales goal in some way or if another carrier has done the same. It would be hard for someone to know at this point the absolute answer to what you are asking.

G.

9. ScandaLEX

ScandaLEX Senior Member

Interesting analogy! I am sure the responses you get from this point on may be a little different. I didnt realize that you were looking for the "inside" scoop. [​IMG][​IMG]

10. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Having..been on the inside before I can honestly tell you, that those decisions are not made until the very last moment and sometimes even after that.

That's why on every piece of marketing you will generally see the line...rates subject to change without notice...take it literally for what it means...I have seen plans/promotions change a couple times a day before. There is never any intent to mislead the public, but promotions are just what they say ways to promote service and increase sells, and there is a fine line that each marketing group walks between what is best for the company, what is best for the customer, and what is giving away the store...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...