Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Input on Nokia 6230

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by cristinacy, Sep 28, 2005.

1. cristinacy

cristinacy New Member

Hi,

I am interested in getting an unlocked Nokia 6230 and I have a few questions regarding some concerns:

1. The freezing issue; is this still a problem?
    2. Can I use this unlocked phone with t-mobile's prepaid service? I was informed by a salesperson at a Costco t-mobile kiosk that t-mobile does not sell SIM cards or prepaid SIM cards to non t-mobile phones. Basically he is telling me that unless I get a phone from t-mobile, I will not be able to purchase just the SIM card.

Any input/advice/opinions will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Chris

2. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I really don't know the right answer to your first question. Cingular doesn't offer the phone anymore, apparently because the lastest batch of 'Cingular' branded 6230's, some of them had this problem. My 6230 from Nov 2004 is fine. However, Nokia still sells them on line (www.nokiausa.com) and elsewhere in the world. I suggest that you email nokia direct for an answer.

On the second question, one can buy pre paid Tmobile sim cards on line from various places, and they should work in any unlock GSM phone, I would ask Tmobile direct and not trust the opinion of one sales person, who after all is not selling sim cards, but the prepaid phone package.

For example, a person coming from europe, with an unlocked phone, can get a tmobile pre paid from various web sites and use it in their GSM phone. For example, see (http://www.cellularabroad.com/usppsc.html), or at the worst the Tmobile starter kits that include a phone are only $49. and that includes 60 minutes of airtime that you can recharge. http://www.t-mobile.com/prepaid/starterkits.asp That seems better than the other web site to me, and you get a spare phone and, I'm quite certain, that you will be able to use that SIM card in your other unlocked phone. I certainly have placed tmobile post pay cards into my phone, but never pre pay, but it should be the same. Ask tmobile directly, say that you want the package, but you may have to use a different phone occasionally, and see what the say.

Welcome to the Forums, sorry no one responded earlier.

3. larion8888

larion8888 New Member

What I needed was a European cell phone I could use during my trips abroad.
    And after doing some research I decide to stay with Low-cost Europe cell phones and European SIM cards; the rates they offer look more competitive compared to few sources I verified. And I won't have to pay any monthly fees and will be able to reroute my US number.

4. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    I had 3 different 6230b all with different updates. They all were good phones.

The latest of the 3 was the best and had the newest OS version on it.

I never had it lock up just one way audio on my first one.